Suggesting a crazy Statusbar.

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
megaman

Suggesting a crazy Statusbar.

Unread post by megaman » 2012-02-07, 07:02

Yes, I stumbled into this one, it is very clean and gives a little more visual space for the user compared to the current one.

Now, to contradict myself.
http://s215.photobucket.com/albums/cc25 ... e2/Shorty/

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Suggesting a crazy Statusbar.

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-02-07, 07:33

I have no idea how this would be better than what is there now. I don't see a resizing handle, the space gained is only the little in the middle, I don't see status information (like linkover, connecting/trasferring etc)...

And what are your screenshots supposed to clarify?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2012-02-07, 07:43

Clarifying that it still a WIP.
The layout hides out of view if you aren't hovering over it, a few extra pixels.

That chat with sdrocking just got me thinking a bit about something like that. Stumbled into the add-on, thought I would like to share.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-02-07, 08:20

So point me to the add-on? I'd like to have a look, anyway.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2012-02-07, 13:25

Moonchild wrote:So point me to the add-on? I'd like to have a look, anyway.
After the bugs, I decided to withdraw my statement.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... dd-on-bar/

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-02-07, 17:21

Hehe.. it's.. not really convenient, also, when displayed it takes twice the height of the current status bar and you can't switch it on permanently as an option.
It doesn't really do anything to bring back lost functionality like the current status bar add-on does. no progress indicator, no download indicator, no configuration for status messages you want to see or not, etc etc.

And yes, it's buggy.
very...buggy.