[Request] Allow access to web resource with expired certificate Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
unnecuser

[Request] Allow access to web resource with expired certificate

Unread post by unnecuser » 2020-11-07, 20:47

Access to web page (https://old.computerra.ru/sgolub/707816/) is blocked & warning page with SEC_ERROR_EXPIRED_CERTIFICATE is displayed without possibility to ignore this warning & load requested documunt.

Massacre
Moon lover
Moon lover

Re: [Request] Allow access to web resource with expired certificate

Unread post by Massacre » 2020-11-08, 00:59

Well, it is actually possible to add exception (select I Understand the Risks). But I have disabled HSTS.

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by vannilla » 2020-11-08, 01:16

There are many reasons to block access to sites with expired certificates, so rather than asking the web browser to go againts best practices, you should ask the site owners to renew the certificate.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-11-08, 06:29

Massacre wrote:
2020-11-08, 00:59
But I have disabled HSTS.
That actually doesn't matter for this.
vannilla wrote:
2020-11-08, 01:16
you should ask the site owners to renew the certificate.
Absolutely! I'm not sure how responsive they will be though since the certificate expired last April. :eh:
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Kendo

Unread post by Kendo » 2020-11-08, 07:59

If it wasn't for these warnings, I might have missed the fact that my own SSL certificate was missing a link to its CA authority.

And further to that, because i made some cert validation tests, I also found that although I had disabled SSLv3 it was sill active.

Yet all other browsers approved the SSL cert.

karlkracher
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by karlkracher » 2020-11-08, 08:55

While using the possibility to add an exception the checkmark for saving it permanently shouldn't be set as default.

gepus
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gepus » 2020-11-08, 11:11

In private mode browsing the exception won't be saved anyway.

unnecuser

Unread post by unnecuser » 2020-11-09, 12:40

There is no button to add exception (see attached image).
Attachments
Palemoon Screenshot at 2020-11-09 14-35-57_.png

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-11-09, 13:10

Sorry but it doesn't look like you're using Pale Moon. New Moon is not official (and actually the most common builds are totally unaffiliated hackjobs). As such this request will be closed and further support requests need to be directed to the ones you got the browser from.
The advanced option to display the exception depends on several security factors, which may be influenced by your browser's settings or build configuration which are unknown if on an unofficial distribution.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite