Customize taskbar needs screenshot feature as a choice Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Customize taskbar needs screenshot feature as a choice

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-09-21, 10:37

I saved it as a jpg from the extension. I could have saved it as png too, or as pdf for that matter. I was assuming that "quality' was related to the resulting resolution and I didn't want to attach several MB of a file but if you want I can repeat it with a png...

And actually it wasn't as bad size-wise compared to jpg. I was afraid it would be worse ;-)
Attachments
FireShot Pro Screen Capture #236 - 'Customize taskbar needs screenshot feature as a choice - Page 2 - Pale Moon forum' - forum_palemoon_org_viewtopic_php_f=13&t=25216&p=199901#p199901.png
FireShot Pro Screen Capture #237 - 'Customize taskbar needs screenshot feature as a choice - Pale Moon forum' - forum_palemoon_org_viewtopic_php_f=13&t=25216.zip
(1012.2 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Michaell
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Michaell » 2020-09-21, 19:45

There's also a snipping tool in last few major releases of Windows (since XP?) that does more than print screen. (under Windows Accessories in Start Menu in my ver of Win 10)
Win10home(1709), PM33.0.0-portable as of Feb 1, '24

context
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by context » 2020-09-21, 22:45

Some interesting points have been made.

Indeed, I have FireShot installed on the PM I commonly use, so I compared a FireShot page capture to the one made by the developer tool.

My interpretation is that FireShot captures the page as it's encoded by the server ... while the developer tool captures the zoom level that I'm viewing. (Both captures are PNGs, but the developer tool PNG is about twice the size.)

Conclusion: either tool gives useful results. I just liked the idea of using what I thought was a built-in feature. But now I understand.
Side by side.PNG

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2020-09-22, 17:01

Ok, thanks for the .png. Looks much better of course, but I still think it's worse than internal and perhaps Print Screen. Could be placebo though - only a proper comparison can verify this.