Confirm Close for Private Mode Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
defcon420

Confirm Close for Private Mode

Unread post by defcon420 » 2020-07-29, 21:30

I have Palemoon set to prompt me for a confirmation when I have multiple tabs in a regular session because as mouse buttons wear out they tend to double or triple click without the user wanting to double/triple click. (note: I do have new mouse so that suggestion is moot) This has saved me a bunch of headache in standard browsing mode.

However, I do a fair amount of "private" browsing and even though I have the browser set to prompt the confirm close in the settings, this setting for some reason does not apply to any and all private browsing.
confirm close
You are about to close "x" tabs. Are you sure you want to continue
[checkmark] Warn me when I attempt to close multiple tabs
Would it be possible to have Palemoon to make this prompt for Private browsing as well? It is rather frustrating to have several tabs open in private mode and accidently click the "close" icon and not get the prompt, thus losing all tabs.

Also, would it be possible for Palemoon to honor a bookmark deletion in private mode?
Last edited by defcon420 on 2020-07-30, 01:20, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Confirm Close for Private Mode

Unread post by Moonchild » 2020-07-29, 21:57

I'm afraid this behavior is by design.
Private Browsing mode is to prevent anything you've done in that private window from becoming permanent, and it's designed to be closed without prompting so a private window can be closed (and changes removed) on short notice. Keep in mind that PB windows are for local data security.

And we can't really start catering to failing hardware causing accidental multiple clicks. May I suggest you either clean the mouse or buy a new one?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite