Option to Show editor for new bookmark  [Closed]

Suggestions and feature requests for the Pale Moon browser
Palewight
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Option to Show editor for new bookmark

Post by Palewight » 2020-03-30, 13:02

When I add a new bookmark with the star button in the navigation toolbar I have to click it again to change its location/info. Please give an option to toggle whether to show the editor on the first click. Firefox has an option("show editor when saving") when you click its' star to do the same or in its' about:config with 'browser.bookmarks.editDialog.showForNewBookmarks', so maybe Pale Moon can get an addition similar to that in the about:config. I know there is a bookmarks extension for it, but i only want this one small feature and don't want to bloat with extensions/other functions it has which I don't need. If anyone has a css/userscript or any other hacks that is fine too. Thank you.

moonbat
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Option to Show editor for new bookmark

Post by moonbat » 2020-03-30, 14:25

So you don't want to bloat your setup, therefore the browser core should add bloat that will by definition be forced onto everyone else who doesn't have the same problem as you?
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 20.1 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
Advanced URL Builder(fork)|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

_yuyu_
Fanatic
Fanatic

Post by _yuyu_ » 2020-03-30, 14:53

Pale Moon - Add-ons - Add Bookmark Helper
UPD: did not notice, you probably know about this addon.
Pale Moon 32-bit on Win 7 x64

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Post by Moonchild » 2020-03-30, 16:17

No reason for people to get on their high horses, since it's already existing functionality and not bloat, just needs a check to be added to the routine to pop up the panel or not based on a pref.
I don't see a reason not to do this. It's probably 10 minutes of work.

Tracking in Issue #1750.
"Son, in life you do not fight battles because you expect to win, you fight them merely because they need to be fought." -- Snagglepuss

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Option to Show editor for new bookmark  [Closed]

Post by Moonchild » 2020-03-30, 16:59

Fixed, tested and closed. Trivial indeed.
"Son, in life you do not fight battles because you expect to win, you fight them merely because they need to be fought." -- Snagglepuss