New icon appears different

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
mrmort

New icon appears different

Unread post by mrmort » 2019-07-04, 02:14

The latest release of the browser has the icon looking like a white dot to me, whether on the taskbar, the start menu or on the desktop. Or maybe an extremely light grey one. I guess the author wanted to make it "paler"? I liked it better before because at least it didn't look like a white dot. The light blue made it look like an actual moon and it had more contrast so you could see craters and such. Which is why it looked more like a moon instead of a dot. :?

mrmort

Re: New icon appears different

Unread post by mrmort » 2019-07-04, 02:17

Sorry, oops, I didn't see the other post about the icon until after I posted. Did not wish to double post but don't want to delete this one. Feel free to move this to the other thread if needed.

Mom-Kat

Unread post by Mom-Kat » 2019-07-04, 03:31

I can hardly see it on my taskbar. I get updating icons but it would be nice if the old icon could be included in the exe for people with light themes.

misterflot

Unread post by misterflot » 2019-07-04, 05:55

Please bring back the old icon.
All I see is a grey ball, no moon craters.

I know it's called Pale Moon but making it this pale is a bit rich. ;)