Let Unsorted Bookmarks also have flyout like other folders

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
pelmun

Let Unsorted Bookmarks also have flyout like other folders

Unread post by pelmun » 2018-12-31, 17:00

By default all bookmarks go to the unsorted bookmarks folder, yet it can't can't be opened from the bookmarks menu. We have to open sidebar or bookmark manager window and it's annoying do all the time.

Let it also have a flyout from bookmarks menu to see the contents. Also have the ability to change it's position from bottom to top. This is how it works in Firefox too.

Frasier
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Let Unsorted Bookmarks also have flyout like other folders

Unread post by Frasier » 2018-12-31, 18:16

I guess I'm missing something:
Unsorted_bkm.png

Potkeny
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Potkeny » 2018-12-31, 19:45

Frasier wrote:I guess I'm missing something:
I guess it's an extension (or maybe older-profile thing?), I have "your" layout in Safe Mode, but with my usual stuff it looks like this:
unsorted_bookmarks.png
Yes, it's kind of "corrupted", same folders 3 times (in different language and different placement), but it "works" for me so never tried to "fix" it.

Michaell
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Michaell » 2018-12-31, 20:07

The one Frasier has probably isn't the special folder (note icon). His may have come from an import.
Win10home(1709), PM33.0.0-portable as of Feb 1, '24

Frasier
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Frasier » 2018-12-31, 20:52

The method I used to make that a flyout type folder like pelmun was referring to was go into
'Organize Bookmarks' and drag the 'Unsorted Bookmrks' folder up the tree. Low and be hold it created a duplicate folder only this one is flyout like the others. When a bookmark is placed in one it shows up in the other as well. The reverse is also true, when an entry is removed from one it is removed from the other.

I haven't run into any problems yet that I know of. Nope, don't have any bookmark altering add-ons/extensions installed that I know of, and nope not an import either.