Future development

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
DrTeeth

Future development

Unread post by DrTeeth » 2018-12-10, 14:55

I did see a post or message some time ago, that in the immediate future, only aesthetic/interface issues would be addressed.

I am finding the latest iterations of Firefox, with its multi-threading to be faster and more fluid to use. The only place where it is slower is in resolving the first DNS lookup for some reason. After that, it positively flies.

I wonder if there are any plans to incorporate these speed improvements?

DrT

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Future development

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-12-10, 16:05

palemoon is a different browser than firefox with differing engines.How do you suppose those speed improvements could be implemented.
Do you understand.?
Have you not read anything on this forum at all.?

I must apologise but the question is rather absurd.
Anything which the fox now implements is impossible in palemoon because they are 2 different entities now.

have a nice day and inform yourself. :D :D
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-12-10, 16:27

DrTeeth wrote:I did see a post or message some time ago, that in the immediate future, only aesthetic/interface issues would be addressed.
I'm not sure what post you are referring to, but this definitely is not the case. Pale Moon is and will be continuing to address issues with performance and compatibility, and will implement new features where deemed appropriate. Just take a look at the open issues on GitHub for yourself.
DrTeeth wrote:I am finding the latest iterations of Firefox, with its multi-threading to be faster and more fluid to use.
You are confusing multi-threaded with multi-process. All modern programs of reasonable complexity today are multi-threaded. However, Firefox (and Chrome) are multi-process applications. Pale Moon will not be adopting e10s or any multi-process architecture, as it is not necessary for performance or security purposes and often comes with some major drawbacks, not the least of which will be breaking the entire extension system. See also this post.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

DrTeeth

Unread post by DrTeeth » 2018-12-10, 17:02

Moonraker wrote:palemoon is a different browser than firefox with differing engines.How do you suppose those speed improvements could be implemented.
Do you understand.?

Anything which the fox now implements is impossible in palemoon because they are 2 different entities now.

Shame you did not learn any manners from your parents. Like all trolls, you would not dare speak to anybody like that face to face.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-12-10, 17:17

DrTeeth wrote:Shame you did not learn any manners from your parents. Like all trolls, you would not dare speak to anybody like that face to face.
I would and I do.

Because there is no distinction in my mind between this forum and people walking up and down the street.

Though, I don't find much wrong with THIS specific Moonraker post. So why don't you please consern yourself with minding your own mannors.

Thank you.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-12-10, 17:26, edited 5 times in total.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-12-10, 20:10

DrTeeth wrote:
Moonraker wrote:palemoon is a different browser than firefox with differing engines.How do you suppose those speed improvements could be implemented.
Do you understand.?

Shame you did not learn any manners from your parents. Like all trolls, you would not dare speak to anybody like that face to face.
Excuse me,it was not a troll post but merely stating the obvious.
Could a ferrari engine be inserted into a mini cooper car....?.Of course not and the suggestion would be absurd.

If you cannot see the error in your post then you clearly have not been paying much attention to the palemoon development.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-12-10, 20:36

Moonraker, your analogy isn't very applicable for one.. Two, I already spoke to his opinion of your post. Three, don't make me regret backing you up.

Is that understood?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-12-11, 00:27

Locking this post for reading like a bunch of squabbling children, AND being in the wrong board (development discussion is a much better place -- there is no siggestion or feature request anywhere here).
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite