New session, new window

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Twin_Six

New session, new window

Unread post by Twin_Six » 2018-11-19, 10:49

I hesitate to make this a *request*, as I fear I will learn that I didn't search hard enough (or smart enough) to discover that it has been asked, or that it already exists; but anyway:

I would like to be able to open a saved session in a new window (or windows), without closing, replacing or otherwise disturbing a session already running. I would like to be able to close one simultaneous session without disturbing another. I would like to be able to do these things as many times as I please, at once or serially.
Last edited by Twin_Six on 2018-11-19, 10:54, edited 1 time in total.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: New session, new window

Unread post by therube » 2018-11-19, 13:29

You could use the Portable versions of PM.

Or, -no-remote switch.
Using Release, ESR, Beta, Aurora, and/or Nightly together.
Last edited by therube on 2018-11-19, 13:32, edited 2 times in total.

_yuyu_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by _yuyu_ » 2018-11-19, 17:48

You can use Session Manager addon for that.
Pale Moon 32-bit on Win 7 x64

Twin_Six

Unread post by Twin_Six » 2018-11-24, 13:07

Yes, _yuyu_, I see it now: Tools > Session Manager > Session Manager > Load Session... > [pick one], select radio button "Append to Session" (not the most intuitive instruction, imo) and press "Load". This spawns a new window and opens the saved session into it, without displacing sessions already open. Thanks for the hint.

Another (unsaid) part of my ask is to be able to save changes in one session without disturbing any other open session, and that's here, too: Focus on the window/session you wish to update, Tools > Session Manager > Session Manager > Save Current Window... > [pick the current session] and press "Replace Session".

I'm still exploring how to save one multi-window session while other sessions are open - leaving those alone - but I'm very happy with this.
Last edited by Twin_Six on 2018-11-24, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.

_yuyu_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by _yuyu_ » 2018-11-24, 23:45

Twin_Six
To load session in a separate window, uncheck this (1).
Capture11.PNG
You can choose windows and tabs to include when saving session (2), also you can save new session under the name you like(3).
Capture21.PNG
Pale Moon 32-bit on Win 7 x64