Developer Tool – Storage: Edit Cookie, Local Storage…

Suggestions and feature requests for the Pale Moon browser

Moderator: satrow

KCzz15
New to the forum
New to the forum

Developer Tool – Storage: Edit Cookie, Local Storage…

Unread postby KCzz15 » Mon, 17 Sep 2018, 13:42

viewtopic.php?t=15885
I didn't want to necro a thread that's over a year old, but I have a valid reason for wanting to edit some cookies and wanted to throw my hat into the ring.

I'm trying to log into a site using Palemoon. The site in question is trying to deal with massive influxes of bots by using reCAPTCHA to prevent the worst of it, fair enough.
Turns out though that reCAPTCHA seems to currently be a little bit broken with Palemoon, to quote:
Now, I COULD simply bypass the problem by logging in with another browser, grabbing the login cookies from said browser and then go about editing the values into Pale Moon.
If, you know, Pale Moon allowed for the editing of cookie values at all.

It just seems incredibly silly to disallow something out of... stubbornness? As much as I've loved Pale Moon for the last 6+ years, I don't see why a useful option should be disallowed something simply because you cannot think of a good use for it.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Developer Tool – Storage: Edit Cookie, Local Storage…

Unread postby Moonchild » Mon, 17 Sep 2018, 14:38

I'm not sure what you are complaining about because you can edit everything of stored cookies. Simply double-click the relevant cells in the grid to edit the values.

As for reCAPTCHA, if it complains about an unsupported browser, you are likely blocking essentials needed for it to work in Pale moon, or your useragent string is something unknown (try using Firefox Compatibility mode for the UA)
Last edited by Moonchild on Mon, 17 Sep 2018, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

Take note: 23 November is Wolfenoot! Eat roast meat and/or cake decorated like the full moon. #wolfenoot

therube
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Developer Tool – Storage: Edit Cookie, Local Storage…

Unread postby therube » Tue, 18 Sep 2018, 00:18

I'm trying to log into a site

URL?

Return to “Suggestions/feature requests”