New open folder button

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Utnapishtim
Fanatic
Fanatic

New open folder button

Unread post by Utnapishtim » 2018-09-12, 01:34

I've noticed that Firefox and Waterfox have a new, bigger button to open folder in the Downloads window & drop down menu. It's a big square, taking up the whole end of the downloads list entry, as opposed to the small circle with the folder icon we have in PM right now.

Big square button
waterfox open folder.PNG
waterfox open folder.PNG (1.48 KiB) Viewed 511 times
Small circle button
palemoon open folder.PNG
palemoon open folder.PNG (1.47 KiB) Viewed 511 times
I think this would be a useful change, it might look a little ugly, but I tend to miss Pale Moon's small open folder button pretty often, and I rarely want to outright open the file after I download it, so I usually resort to right-clicking the entry.

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: New open folder button

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-09-12, 02:11

Good for them. It is ugly, and a big huge button? Why do we need that.. In any event, I always use the context menu.

Besides it being a stupid change that doesn't in any way match the rest of the UI controls.. People would bitch if we changed this. In this case, I would be one of them.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-09-12, 02:13, edited 2 times in total.

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-09-12, 02:19

I would second that motion...... ;)

Utnapishtim
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Utnapishtim » 2018-09-12, 02:38

Shame, the FF way is indeed ugly, but the small button is really just eye candy, I can never hit it. I always have to use right click > open folder :( I'd say this is one of the few good changes to come out of the Mozilla bloat factory
Last edited by Utnapishtim on 2018-09-12, 02:39, edited 1 time in total.