Add user agent override for Carousell, to suppress its glitched mobile app download banner

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
kbhasi

Add user agent override for Carousell, to suppress its glitched mobile app download banner

Unread post by kbhasi » 2018-09-07, 10:47

Whenever I visit Carousell (an online classifieds website popular in its home country of Singapore, where I live) using PM, it displays a mobile app download banner at the top of the page, and also glitches the appearance of the global navigation, but clicking the "GET" button takes me to a "null" URL, and a 404 error. I can provide "before and after" screenshots, if anyone here is interested.

However, I have decided to add the following user agent override name and value to my "about:config", based on another user agent override enabled by default:

Code: Select all

general.useragent.override.carousell.com

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:99.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/99.9 (Pale Moon)
Last edited by kbhasi on 2018-09-07, 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

kbhasi

Re: Add user agent override for Carousell, to suppress its glitched mobile app download banner

Unread post by kbhasi » 2018-09-10, 14:19

Edit: It's possibly to replace the Windows 10 string above "Windows NT 10.0; WOW64;" with an OS specific string, like "X11; Linux x86_64;" (for a Linux on 64-bit x86). Actually, if it's possible to let the OS string show through the user agent override, I'd like to see it also done for WhatsApp Web, as I usually get prompted to download their desktop client unless I change the override to use that Linux string instead of the Windows string that's there by default, as I primarily use Debian Linux.