Add support for U2F Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Ninkasi

Add support for U2F

Unread post by Ninkasi » 2018-08-01, 19:46

Hi,
I was wondering if there are plans to add built-in support for U2F in an upcoming release of Pale Moon? I know it was added in FireFox recently. This older post mentions modifying a FireFox extension:
viewtopic.php?t=17012
but it would be nice if it were just built-in and worked out of the box.

I use Pale Moon as my primary browser (since early 2014) but if I want to use U2F I need to go back to FireFox, for those instances at least. I would rather just use Pale Moon for everything.

Thanks.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Add support for U2F

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-08-01, 20:50

As usual, if it's for a particular workflow and an extension exists for it, then the extension route is the way to go.
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5647
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite