Different Home Page for PM Portable

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
1210_bex
Lunatic
Lunatic

Different Home Page for PM Portable

Unread post by 1210_bex » 2018-06-03, 05:55

This thread is a variation of the "Different icons for PM Desktop & PM Portable" thread from 2014, which is marked Solved and is closed.

The different icon is a clever idea, and I have incorporated Moonchild's red icon on the attached file.

But I want to change the default Home page, because when I am moving back and forth between Portable and Desktop version,s the small icon is not quickly visible. On the attached, I have created a Home Page which clearly incorporates the word "Portable" across a red moon. That is shown on the top image. The second image shows in Preferences that I just created an image on a website that I own, and used that image for my Home Page. The problem is, it does not scale, so it is not as neat as the default supplied by Pale Moon.

The third image I found in about:config. I'm not smart enough to know if I could change this in some way to create what I want.

So I am looking for suggestions on how to change within Pale Moon the Portable's default Home page image to what I am using.

Harry
Attachments
PaleMoon_LogoPageE.jpg

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Different Home Page for PM Portable

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-06-03, 19:24

browser.startup.homepage determines the home page, yes. Pale Moon Portable uses its own profile, right? If so, changing that preference in your Portable profile should let you set any URL you want for your Portable home page, including local file paths.