The developers' attitude

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
LAMBDA471

The developers' attitude

Unread post by LAMBDA471 » 2018-05-19, 20:43

OK, you have to be the biggest asshole developers I've seen in a while. With this attitude you don't deserve any attention or recognition whatsoever.

The stupidity that stems from this is so immense that after I read it, its force was so strong a wind gushed from my monitor and pushed me back.

I don't care if you delete this thread or ban me, the important thing is that a moderator and maybe some users will read it before its deletion and you will get called out for the arrogant asshats you are.

You need to stop with this attitude or even the few people that use your outdated, laughable FireFox forks will stop using it knowing you're a bunch of douchebags.
Last edited by LAMBDA471 on 2018-05-19, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.

Gandalfdjh
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: The developers' attitude

Unread post by Gandalfdjh » 2018-05-19, 21:41

LAMBDA471

So you are not happy. Please move on. Your crying might get my keyboard wet.

Totally showing your complete lack of intelligence!

Go back to your FF and be happy!

Enjoy your day.
Image1911 remains the service pistol for all ages!
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far." — Theodore Roosevelt

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2018-05-19, 21:43

Off-topic:
LAMBDA471 wrote:
You need to stop with this attitude or even the few people that use your outdated, laughable FireFox forks will stop using it knowing you're a bunch of douchebags.
If you think Pale Moon is outdated and laughable, why are you using it?

paulri
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by paulri » 2018-05-19, 21:47

I agree the phrasing was patronizing, but I am going to give Moonchild a lot of slack here. Can anyone identify any other major software (I'm not talking about a utility, but a web browser) that has the lead developer spend as much time as he does, helping people in a support forum? He has something like 20K posts here.

I don't blame you for disliking that--its just that he is doing a heck of a lot more to help us than pretty much any other dev of any other piece of software I've installed on my computer, so like I said I'm gonna give him some slack.
Paul

If you have found a solution to your problem, please click on the check mark icon of the post that answers your question, so as to alert others who have the same problem.

Gandalfdjh
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Gandalfdjh » 2018-05-19, 21:49

Discussion with millennials?

I like this: Y'know, I'm just tired of this 3-step millennial manipulation plan™ : 1) set yourself up to be vulnerable, 2) take offense 3) be a victim/call people a bully/whatever gives you a "socially accepted dominant position" *

*TM - MC with permission.

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-05-19, 21:50

I don't even know what that entry in the changelog means. Could anyone explain please? Plus, why is it such a big deal to some people? Or did he go apeshit simply because of the wording?

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-05-19, 21:51

This video might be relevant I think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-mju_gW3c8

Gandalfdjh
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Gandalfdjh » 2018-05-19, 21:54

Octopuss wrote:This video might be relevant I think.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-mju_gW3c8
Very Good

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-05-19, 21:55

LAMBDA471 wrote:outdated, laughable FireFox forks
You think that they are so outdated and laughable, and yet are you still here using at least one of these applications. Outdated? If you had read past that line in the change log or any of the previous change logs, you'd see the constant stream of security and feature updates being made to the platform and the browsers that run on top of them. Laughable? Well...

At least make an attempt to understand the product and the decisions behind it before lashing out so harshly. Also, no one is making you stay here. Freedom of choice is pretty great - you can move to another application or platform and nothing can stop you from doing so except you.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-05-19, 22:00

LAMBDA471 wrote:You need to stop with this attitude or even the few people that use your outdated, laughable FireFox forks will stop using it knowing you're a bunch of douchebags.
You do realize that this is a two way street right? :wtf: Perhaps you haven't seen the way some other "ass hats" responded to something
sooo freeking mundiane as if it was a mountain, instead of the mole hill it was. Since you have no idea what it's like to spend your days
creating something for free to the public that takes most of your time as a gift to those who absolutely hated the way Mozzilla was going.

You act as if this type of blow back is unreasonable.???? :o
How would you feel if you were in their shoes, (if you can) and after making something awesome
and finding that some add on was causing so much grief that you had to finally come to the conclusion
that you simply could not support those who used it, and had to make a simple message to let folks know
that it was a cause of problems for this browser and that if you wanted to continue to use it you
could, but as far as THOSE WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WELL BEING OF THIS BROWSER were concerned,
it was going to be a no go for support from this point on, and you needed to make a conscience decision to continue to use it.

The PM team could have just shut if off, but no, they thought this would be the lightest way to inform those using this browser that
it was causing issues and that they simply could not afford the time to those using it to give them support since it was causing issues.

But the response??? :wtf: :shock: :o Holy sh!t batman.... Was so far out of bounds and those responding acted like they had just killed
your first born.

So this is where the above response derived from. They are doing there job making a browser that works without flaws the best they can.
I'm sure that after having been blasted with bullshit comments as if they had ruined your life forever, they had a right to defend themselves
in such a small manner.

You act like they don't have feelings of their own. Tell me, have you ever been offended from something and felt you needed to respond?
Sue you have, just now. But unfortunately you didn't get your facts before blurting out some "douchebag" response.

This browser is free to you to use or leave. And since you have put ZERO effort or money in making this browser available,
you have no real leg to stand on.

When you have put as much as those in the developing team has, then perhaps you can make a level headed comment.
Until then? :shh:
Last edited by Thehandyman1957 on 2018-05-19, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-05-19, 22:18

you don't deserve any attention whatsoever
...yet creates a specific thread. :D

Looks like "The developers' attitude" is the latest hip thing to whine about.
Last edited by back2themoon on 2018-05-19, 22:20, edited 3 times in total.

TAdams

Unread post by TAdams » 2018-05-19, 22:40

Hello,

I have used many different browsers over the years, and like many here (and elsewhere) I liked Firefox at one time. The reason I mention this is; that at some point in time I no longer liked the direction the Firefox devs were going, and like others I searched for alternatives and found them. While I prefer Palemoon, I sometimes use other browsers for various reasons. Perhaps there is a glitch in a website, or I am checking my website design to see if it works in multiple browsers for instance. That being said, I know what an outdated browser looks like, and this is most certainly not it. It is very usable and I have generally, no issues with it. In fact, I think a thank you to the devs is in order; they spend a lot of time working on Palemoon, and I have witnessed many things from users that I find disrespectful, ill-informed and at times - abusive. These are things people often quit paying jobs over, and yet the just keep going.

In any case if this really offends you, perhaps the internet is not for you? I mean seriously there is a lot worse out there. I take these entries in the developers notes as light humor, is there a bit of truth in humor, of course there is! What I have problem with is you took offense and then put on your swimming cap and plunged head first into the deep end. Insulting people by making personal attacks in a drama filled post - none of which was based in fact. For example;
The stupidity that stems from this is so immense that after I read it, its force was so strong a wind gushed from my monitor and pushed me back.
Can you honestly read that now, and say that wasn't just a little over the top? lol I seriously want to see webcam footage of this force of wind! <insert popcorn smiley.gif>.

In all seriousness:
A) More than a few people use it, numbers are actually growing.
B) It is not outdated. Outdated is my Firefox 3.6* Portable I use on my server that doesn't browse the internet.
C) In some respects, Palemoon is more secure than Firefox. And the UI is much preferred over Firefox!
D) Just look at the Roadmap: http://www.palemoon.org/roadmap.shtml and the release notes: http://www.palemoon.org/releasenotes.shtml
E) Is using "douchebags" even considered modern or politically correct at this time? (That was sort of a joke, see above about "a bit of truth")

While I am glad you voiced your opinion, perhaps had you done so in a more level headed and logical manner something positive may have come of it, as it stands I think that may not be possible now. However, the developers are much more patient than I am and if you look beyond the comment you were offended by I really think you may agree.

Regards,
TAdams

Lunix

Unread post by Lunix » 2018-05-19, 23:47

I hope that developers attitude includes locking this thread. More arguments only slow down progress of Palemoon.

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-05-20, 01:09

LAMBDA471 wrote:outdated, laughable FireFox forks
You know what, Lambda-08/15:

Pale Moon is actually much more worth than Firefox. Because it still has it's massive customization, while Firefox is becoming a worthless Chrome/Edge imitation. Go back to Ghacks or Reddit please, there rabid feature haters and tiresome trolls without value have their fitting place :D

Btw. Sousuke Sagara and his Arbalest and their REAL Lambda-driver would fry your back-end :ugeek:

Or to quote lyrics from an Epic Rap Battle of history:
I see a universe of infinite energy,
But no potential for threat from this enemy!
Last edited by Sajadi on 2018-05-20, 01:18, edited 6 times in total.

rabnbeinn
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by rabnbeinn » 2018-05-20, 09:14

blah blah blah. BORING.

Haters always going to hate :crazy:

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-05-20, 09:27

@LAMBDA471.
I believe you are the user by the name of "weilan" over at ghacks who is also spreading some FUD over there.Your terminology gives you away and your initial post here was not necessary to be honest.
But its the same old hateful babble and nonsense.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-05-20, 09:28

No point in feeding or perpetuating this flame.
Locking. OP has been warned.
Last edited by Moonchild on 2018-05-20, 09:29, edited 2 times in total.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite