Add an about:config setting to control Stop/Reload buttons merging

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
mrnhmath
Fanatic
Fanatic

Add an about:config setting to control Stop/Reload buttons merging

Unread post by mrnhmath » 2018-05-18, 19:14

I can't fully replicate the original Firefox 1/2/3 look with these buttons being combined into a single one. Add something like browser.buttons.stopreload.merge so we can toggle it.

BlueOwl

Re: Add an about:config setting to control Stop/Reload buttons merging

Unread post by BlueOwl » 2018-05-18, 21:12

Stop and Reload only get combined if you put Reload on the left and Stop on the right. If you switch them or just put them in different places, they won't merge. You could also add a flexible space between them (doesn't show a line like a separator does) . I know this answer is not ideal but I'm trying to search for more solutions.
Last edited by BlueOwl on 2018-05-18, 21:17, edited 1 time in total.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-05-18, 22:28

I believe some people use NoUn Buttons for this.

BlueOwl

Unread post by BlueOwl » 2018-05-19, 01:05

coffeebreak, I tried to search for that (I knew it existed) and failed. Glad you saw this thread.

mrnhmath
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by mrnhmath » 2018-05-26, 19:53

BlueOwl wrote:Stop and Reload only get combined if you put Reload on the left and Stop on the right. If you switch them or just put them in different places, they won't merge. You could also add a flexible space between them (doesn't show a line like a separator does) . I know this answer is not ideal but I'm trying to search for more solutions.
Yeah, I am aware of those workarounds but the final result doesn't look quite right.
JustOff wrote:I use Active Stop Button to deal with this.
Gonna test this one. Thanks!

gracious1
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gracious1 » 2018-05-30, 19:33

BlueOwl wrote:Stop and Reload only get combined if you put Reload on the left and Stop on the right. If you switch them or just put them in different places, they won't merge.
mrnhmath wrote:Yeah, I am aware of those workarounds but the final result doesn't look quite right.
I have done what BlueOwl has suggested for years, just switch the two buttons during Customize. Just out of curiosity, what doesn't look right? When you come out of customize, everything looks the same, except the two buttons are separated (and Stop is on the left).
Last edited by gracious1 on 2018-05-30, 19:33, edited 1 time in total.
20 July 1969 🌗 Apollo 11 🌓 "One small step for [a] man, one giant leap for mankind." 🚀