until when the Pale Moon GUI will be the 27, why not 29 or 57?

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Aster_Kah

Unread post by Aster_Kah » 2018-03-15, 15:31

Why!!!!???

Sajadi
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: until when the Pale Moon GUI will be the 27, why not 29 or 57?

Unread post by Sajadi » 2018-03-15, 15:52

The Pale Moon project wants to keep it's customization, that is the reason why the Australis UI is not coming to Pale Moon or the 57+ Ui is not coming to Pale Moon. Both variants are radically crippled, simplified - that is not the goal what the Pale Moon creators want to achieve.

You want a browser which is like Chrome? Then i suggest you use Chrome or Firefox (more or less turned into a Chrome imitation by Mozilla) instead, Waterfox would also fit your category of attractive browsers.
Last edited by Sajadi on 2018-03-15, 17:26, edited 4 times in total.

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2018-03-15, 17:04

Aster_Kah wrote:until when the Pale Moon GUI will be the 27, why not 29 or 57?
See also:

https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/australium/

jars_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by jars_ » 2018-03-15, 18:33

because Australis GUI disgusting, ugly. This was one of the main reasons why I chose Palemoon. Stupid transitions, rounded tabs, gigantic buttons аnd else ... no. no no no. нет. ;)
Last edited by jars_ on 2018-03-15, 18:34, edited 1 time in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-03-15, 18:53

If you want an Australis class browser application give Basilisk a try.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-03-15, 19:12, edited 4 times in total.

137ben
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by 137ben » 2018-03-16, 22:47

Or just use Pale Moon with a complete theme that makes it look like FF29 or later.

Pelican
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Pelican » 2018-03-16, 23:44

You may note that PM increments minor version number only because that is the way that version numbers are supposed to increment, for example 27.7 was updated to 27.8.

Incrementing the "major" version number when there is no major change to an app's core is about smoke and mirrors.
Last edited by Pelican on 2018-03-16, 23:46, edited 1 time in total.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-03-17, 03:53

We go by a scheme of Milestone.Major.Minor so 27.8 is a major update vs 27.7

The milestone verson number is normally increased when there are a huge number of fundamental and/or breaking changes. Such as a platform jump or a significant change to the platform.

This has been explained on the forum before. Like so many other things you might want to actually search for an answer or simply ask before making assumptions or pulling incorrect answers you just made up out of your ass.

Consequently, this is why I generally dislike other so called IT Professionals such as WilliamK. They pull this shit all the time.. Pretending they know things bluffing and bullshitting their way through situations trying to look smarter than they are because in general no one around them knows any better. Reenforced by the ignorant prase of everyone as some sort of wizard for his magic in conjering up spells to make their computer box do things.
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-03-17, 04:15, edited 7 times in total.

Rich3w

Unread post by Rich3w » 2018-03-20, 00:37

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:We go by a scheme of Milestone.Major.Minor so 27.8 is a major update vs 27.7

The milestone verson number is normally increased when there are a huge number of fundamental and/or breaking changes. Such as a platform jump or a significant change to the platform.

This has been explained on the forum before. Like so many other things you might want to actually search for an answer or simply ask before making assumptions or pulling incorrect answers you just made up out of your ass.

Consequently, this is why I generally dislike other so called IT Professionals such as WilliamK. They pull this shit all the time.. Pretending they know things bluffing and bullshitting their way through situations trying to look smarter than they are because in general no one around them knows any better. Reenforced by the ignorant prase of everyone as some sort of wizard for his magic in conjering up spells to make their computer box do things.
Let's not start flame wars and abuse new members as is the Pale Moon forum norm.

Why not just be civil and explain rather than being abusive?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-03-20, 00:55

Rich3w wrote:Let's not start flame wars and abuse new members as is the Pale Moon forum norm.

Why not just be civil and explain rather than being abusive?
Says the person who just got a thread locked and a warning issued.. I speak the truth. Deal with it.

Rich3w

Unread post by Rich3w » 2018-03-20, 01:01

New Tobin Paradigm wrote: Says the person who just got a thread locked and a warning issued.. I speak the truth. Deal with it.
Reread what you posted - you were abusive. I speak the truth. Deal with it.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2018-03-20, 02:58

And your stake in this is? Point out any factual errors I made in my statement?

He made up some generalized crap that has no barring on how Pale Moon versions work and pretended not only that he knew what was going on but that all versioning systems work the same way. He also has identified him self as an IT pro.

Thus, since it followed the pattern, I related my experience after mentioning that this had been explained before..

So what is the problem?
Last edited by New Tobin Paradigm on 2018-03-20, 03:03, edited 2 times in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-03-20, 17:48

Children, don't make me pull out the firehose to cool you both off.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Zitrus

Unread post by Zitrus » 2018-03-22, 16:29

Moonchild wrote:Children, don't make me pull out the firehose to cool you both off.
Thank You for "putting your foot down"...
Off-topic:
If the impertinent unsavory tone against other users in some threads by a "coder" will not stop then I'll think about ending my membership in the Pale Moon forum. Such a rough climate and indecent speech i don't expect and want to read from civilized folks!

Just 2 more examples:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18615&p=137177#p137177: "...so called IT Professionals such as WilliamK. They pull this shit all the time..."

Am I right to expect no such gutter language and four-letter words in this forum :?:

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=18589#p137533 : "Or bypass the hassle and stop stealing content that you do not own or have a right to download .... people simply can't help being thieves and criminals."

In Germany and other european free constitutional democracies it is not forbidden to download Youtube videos. If someone special wants to educate himself here just 2 of uncountable links of interest (content is in german - but I think when i can write this in (not so perfect) english others can read a text in german language which about 100 millon can):
https://www.fachanwalt.de/ratgeber/darf ... downloaden
https://praxistipps.chip.de/download-vo ... nicht_9496

Sueing others "stealing" and being "thieves and criminals" isn't acceptable! :thumbdown:
Last edited by Zitrus on 2018-03-22, 17:08, edited 3 times in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-03-22, 17:22

Agreeing with me calling people to order doesn't grant you the right to tread heavily, yourself. If moderation is required it will be done -- by moderators.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-03-22, 17:23

Considering the whole premise of the OP was to stir up and fuel heated opinions and arguments, I'm locking this thread.