A Way to Upgrade TLS Capability

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
umbra

A Way to Upgrade TLS Capability

Unread post by umbra » 2018-01-24, 12:39

I hope there's some TLS Updater (into TLS 1.3).

For some reason I should stay with old Palemoon.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: A Way to Upgrade TLS Capability

Unread post by Moonraker » 2018-01-24, 13:49

Isnt TLS 1.3 just a draft at the moment.?
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2018-01-24, 13:50

umbra wrote:I hope there's some TLS Updater (into TLS 1.3).
Not entirely sure what you're asking for here - according to the release notes, Pale Moon supports TLS 1.3 as of version 27.4.0 ... or are you looking for TLS 1.3 support to be backported to an even older version? If so, sorry, that won't happen.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-01-24, 13:54

Not sure what you're asking either, but if you think it's similar to "upgrading http to https" if the server support it, then that is not how it works.
TLS versions are always negotiated at the highest possible version. If a server doesn't give you TLS 1.3, then it does not support it.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-01-24, 13:55

Moonraker wrote:Isnt TLS 1.3 just a draft at the moment.?
It is. but it's being used in the wild, anyway.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

umbra

Unread post by umbra » 2018-01-27, 12:57

I'm still using old Palemoon with TLS 1.0 capability. It works okay until the websites using Let'sEncrypt-Cloudflare in recent months. They're forcing old browsers with Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap so won't open. e.g. filehippo.com. After a small googling, I found some people says that Let'sEncrypt-Cloudflare is about something evil BigBrother affiliated. That's why I decided to keep using my old browser forever and looking some TLS Updater.

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2018-01-27, 13:10

umbra wrote:I'm still using old Palemoon with TLS 1.0 capability. It works okay until the websites using Let'sEncrypt-Cloudflare in recent months. They're forcing old browsers with Error code: ssl_error_no_cypher_overlap so won't open. e.g. filehippo.com. After a small googling, I found some people says that Let'sEncrypt-Cloudflare is about something evil BigBrother affiliated. That's why I decided to keep using my old browser forever and looking some TLS Updater.
This is a joke, right?
Or did you realy dont care about your security?

Also Pale Moon still support TLS 1.0