Suggestion for untrusted connection warning

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Rooker

Suggestion for untrusted connection warning

Unread post by Rooker » 2017-11-24, 17:06

When there is some technical problem with a site's SSL cert, this warning page pops up to promote a highly unsafe workaround. The choices offered are to either leave the site or to click through to a 2nd warning which, by default, adds a PERMANENT exception for something that might actually be a security risk. This encourages unsafe behavior. I hated this about Firefox and I see Pale Moon does exactly the same thing.

These two warning pages should be replaced by one that offers "Leave" or "Thanks for the warning. Load it anyway just this one time."
pm ssl error 1.jpg
pm ssl error2.jpg

rabnbeinn
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Suggestion for untrusted connection warning

Unread post by rabnbeinn » 2017-11-24, 20:23

Or you could just uncheck/untick the Permanently store this exception.

joe04

Unread post by joe04 » 2017-11-24, 21:16

I like the idea of not permanently storing it by default, which would reduce possibility of carelessly or ignorantly storing a permanent exception. The simplest way to make this change would be unchecking that item by default.

JustOff

Unread post by JustOff » 2017-11-24, 21:42

joe04 wrote:The simplest way to make this change would be unchecking that item by default.
I also think it's a good idea.