supporting pale moon on Windows in a managed environment

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
illiad
Fanatic
Fanatic

supporting pale moon on Windows in a managed environment

Unread post by illiad » 2017-09-05, 12:06

(a similar post has been locked)

I am using PM in an enterprise environment, that uses K7 antivirus that is managed from the server console.
it is possible to set 'exceptions' for certain sites, but many do not allow this option!

I have found that the latest firefox has a switch that will enable this..
https://mike.kaply.com/2016/09/01/upcom ... on-windows
this is for FFv49, but works very well in FF52..

Would there be any way I could configure Pale Moon to be able to do this?

EG the Facebook website uses HSTS now and then to stop network attacks
- PM and Chrome will not get through, though Facebook was working on PM last week! :roll: :problem:
VM 300Mbs in london england :lol: :coffee: on Intel Core I7 3GHz on Gigabyte X58a.
PM 32.4.1(64bit) on win7(64bit) sp1 - does ytoobe better than FF!! 8-) :lol: :P
Got 24Gig, Nvidia GTX 1060 :D dont need 4k - not rich, not gamer, newer GPUs only for $$$ peeps
:eh: useragentstring(com) :problem: FF 115.3.1 :angel: :P

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: supporting pale moon on Windows in a managed environment

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-09-05, 12:15

I've filed Issue #1332 for this.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

illiad
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by illiad » 2017-09-05, 13:32

:thumbup: :D :ugeek:
VM 300Mbs in london england :lol: :coffee: on Intel Core I7 3GHz on Gigabyte X58a.
Got 24Gig, Nvidia GTX 1060 :D dont need 4k - not rich, not gamer, newer GPUs only for $$$ peeps

illiad
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by illiad » 2017-11-14, 13:55

Another problem for facebook and twitter... sometimes says HSTS, sometimes says opendns has banned it... even Chrome wont load it! may have 'ghost in the machine' in our work active directory server???

Any chance of a much more detailed report from the 'access prohibited' page?? :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-11-15, 07:32

What OpenDNS bans or allows isn't something that is within Pale Moon's power to do anything with. If it's an issue, then consider not using a DNS service that will block sites you actually need to visit. Pale Moon doesn't have an "access prohibited" page; I'm pretty sure that is something OpenDNS directs you to in case of prohibition.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

illiad
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by illiad » 2017-11-15, 19:45

Thanks, but our network manager *LOVES* openDNS :/ only if chrome also gives that message will he bother. Good to see it not PM's fault, just DNS !
Good news is the FB fan has moved to a different office, so no complaints.. :) :)