Get-Addons link & button

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
takenp

Get-Addons link & button

Unread post by takenp » 2017-08-04, 09:29

You know if I click Tools>>Add-on's
I see the Palemoon add-ons site big button. So I see a lot of text and links
and they are also useful. But I cant get into the https://addons.palemoon.org/extensions/ the most appropriate place for such a button.

If you are not agree than just add at least above link into the current opening page 'cause it is really what most people need while clicking the button.

loving PaleMoon,
as the Puppy Linux that runs it perfectly

Igor Bardey

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Get-Addons link & button

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-08-04, 12:38

Add-ons are either Extensions, Themes or Language Packs. Assuming people are looking for only one of those three categories is rather presumptuous :)

From the main page of the Add-ons website, simply use the menu at the top to get to your desired type of Add-On.
Attachments
Image1.png
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

dapgo
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Get-Addons link & button

Unread post by dapgo » 2017-11-23, 17:12

Hello Moonchild,

I partly agree with @takenp, it seems logic to have a link to open the web extensions page from the Addon:Extensions Manager

But from Firefox also it is only possible to open the AMO page when the link of an extension points to the AMO page but most times it just points to an outdated personal page.

However, I suppose that you can modify how Addon:extensions Manager works in Palemoon, in the same way that you deployed the coloured circle feature that identifies the what browser is targeted. So in IMHO it would be great if:
  • Each extension besides the link configured by its developer, should offer a link to the extension page in AMO or Palemoon extensions page.
  • Each extension besides the target circle, displays another colour circle showing the source repository(AMO, Palemoon) for installed version . (though maybe it is not technically possible...)

Because when i see a new update, I like to read opinions, etc...then i have to find the page manually, and it is time consuming but also annoying for not experienced users.

What do you think? :idea: