Zero hard drive space warning?

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
petrus

Zero hard drive space warning?

Unread post by petrus » 2017-06-19, 17:49

I just tried to figure out why no download would start, immediate error, only to realize i ran out of hard drive space.

Could there be a separate message for that, instead of just "Failed? Maybe "Ran out of disk space" instead? Thanks!

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Zero hard drive space warning?

Unread post by adesh » 2017-06-19, 18:30

May be possible, or may be not. Depends on what information is passed to Pale Moon by the OS API it calls.

But I still have to come across a software that tells you that it failed because your disk is full.

petrus

Unread post by petrus » 2017-06-19, 19:25

Not notify that your disk is full, but that your current download failed, or could not start, because your disk is full!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-06-19, 21:31

File saving is off-loaded to the OS. If you drive is full, then all the browser gets back from your OS is that saving of the file failed. No further reason is passed up the chain.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite