Visible Pause/Resume button in download manager

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
LigH1L
Fanatic
Fanatic

Visible Pause/Resume button in download manager

Unread post by LigH1L » 2017-05-18, 14:53

Please make the Pause/Resume feature available with a visible button in the general download manager (just next to the Abort/Retry button). I know the feature as such does exist in the context menu which pops up via RMB; but that always means an extra click.

I live in an area where there is still no DSL yet, only directional WiFi, and this technology easily saturates when there is "rush hour" (especially in the evening when all working people return home), so downloading a large file is only possible either during the morning (when I am away as well) or if I keep pausing and resuming a transfer every few minutes, or the download will stall and finally abort in a way that the download manager can't resume.
Fun and success!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Visible Pause/Resume button in download manager

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-05-19, 11:12

I suggest you get a proper download manager, instead. e.g. use the DownthemAll extension. That way you can have the download manager automatically retry when the download chokes, and managers also usually have exact control over what downloads are running, how many at a time, with how much bandwidth used, etc.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-05-20, 08:53

LigH1L wrote:Please make the Pause/Resume feature available with a visible button in the general download manager (just next to the Abort/Retry button).
I personally recommend Download Manager Tweak, it's the only add-on that achieves this visual function well. You'll have to install the last compatible version of the add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... 5.1-signed, or install the latest version through Moon Tester Tool: https://addons.palemoon.org/addon/moon-tester-tool/.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

LigH1L
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by LigH1L » 2017-05-21, 12:20

DMT makes the download manager look prettier, but does not display a Pause/Resume button.

DownThemAll does not work together with Video DownloadHelper for some reason; or I have to discover a way to make it catch the downloads it inserts into the basic download manager.
Fun and success!

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2017-05-21, 13:35

Downloads Window has a pause/resume button. It approximates the classic, toolkit downloads window.