Whole Words: highlight only the word that matches your search

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Whole Words: highlight only the word that matches your search

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-04-29, 05:05

Hi there.

I believe this was already mention before, but it never was discussed further. However, I'm going to bring it back up. I feel this would reasonably increases the accuracy of the results people are searching for. Such as, "end" or "fire" and not pretend and firetruck. Not to mention, the efficiency of researching with Pale Moon can be. Thus, I would love to see this enhancement implemented sometime in the future, and I know it would tremendously improve the functionality of Find (or is it Findbar?).

Here is the BMO bug for details: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=269442.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

fillerup

Re: Whole Words: highlight only the word that matches your search

Unread post by fillerup » 2017-04-29, 15:55

put a space in front of your word. so "fire" -> " fire"

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-04-30, 09:36

Adding it as an option (not default) to the find bar should be fine for people who need to search for whole words only (most of the time, I need to search for any occurrence, including part of other words).

Patches are welcome.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-04-30, 18:52

Moonchild wrote:Adding it as an option (not default) to the find bar should be fine for people who need to search for whole words only (most of the time, I need to search for any occurrence, including part of other words).

Patches are welcome.
That is great! Unfortunately, I am not experienced in code. So, yes, patches are welcome for anyone who knows the code lingo and can commit to GitHub.
With Pale Moon by my side, surfing the web is quite enjoyable and takes my headaches away! :)
God is not punishing you, He is preparing you. Trust His plan, not your pain.#‎TrentShelton #‎RehabTime

flaxthejute
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by flaxthejute » 2017-05-02, 10:44

LimboSlam wrote:So, yes, patches are welcome for anyone who knows the code lingo and can commit to GitHub.
Your point being...?

LimboSlam
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by LimboSlam » 2017-05-03, 01:06

flaxthejute wrote:Your point being...?
Exactly what I said.