Toolbar to access settings (?)

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
xenopuslaevis

Toolbar to access settings (?)

Unread post by xenopuslaevis » 2017-02-18, 23:27

Don't really know where to put this, feel free to move it if you deem it doesn't fit here.

I recently moved to Pale Moon from Chrome, and there is one thing that continually bugs me about the UI. In Chrome the settings button is placed next to all the other toolbars, but in Pale Moon it's placed either as a big blue button at the top left or as a Windows menu bar. Instead I propose that the option to have it available like a toolbar like in Chrome. It would better fit with the other toolbars instead of its own thing (in my opinion). Also it'd be good with an option to completely disable the blue button/menu bar as it doesn't really fit the look of the rest of the browser (my opinion again).

I searched a bit for an extension or theme that does this, but to no luck, so if I've missed something please point me in the right direction! :D

dark_moon

Re: Toolbar to access settings (?)

Unread post by dark_moon » 2017-02-19, 09:53

Welcome to the forum!

Press the "alt" key on your keyboard. If that the toolbar you asked for, then you can activate it like that:
Pale Moon button -> (on right side) settings arrow -> menubar

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-02-19, 15:37

I think they may be meaning a "hamburger button". Sorry, no, we don't do that, and I don't see a reason to add a button like that when we already have an application menu under the Pale Moon button.

Potentially, one of the complete themes may help out, or an extension, if you really like it that much.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

wost_

Unread post by wost_ » 2017-04-05, 20:39

FTR: It can be done with this extension.

GreenGeek

Unread post by GreenGeek » 2017-04-06, 16:47

How about a vertically narrow button option? Something like 3 vertical dots that is used other places I've seen, like Android. Just the tips of the 3 thick lines should be good.

Moonraker
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Moonraker » 2017-04-06, 19:37

From my experience the reinheit theme more or less removes the menu button completely.
user of multiple puppy linuxes..upup,fossapup.scpup,xenialpup..... :thumbup:

Pale moon 29.4.1

wost_

Unread post by wost_ » 2017-04-07, 20:33

GreenGeek wrote:How about a vertically narrow button option? Something like 3 vertical dots that is used other places I've seen, like Android. Just the tips of the 3 thick lines should be good.
https://github.com/wsdfhjxc/toolbarize- ... _large.png
https://github.com/wsdfhjxc/toolbarize- ... 8/icon.png

GreenGeek

Unread post by GreenGeek » 2017-04-08, 01:16

Thanks wost. The little one is best for me (maybe others need the larger one). I think bigger icons will usually resize to fit when that's all there is.