Add-on updates

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
sIDcORK

Add-on updates

Unread post by sIDcORK » 2012-08-22, 01:16

Back in the days of Firefox 3.x (I think) selecting "Check for updates but let me choose when to install them" generated a pop-up window to tell you that updates were available. I miss this as it is possible for the forgetful (me) to miss important things if they don't visit the Add-ons page very often.

If it were possible to re-introduce this it would be much appreciated.

Or if I've missed a setting, please relieve my ignorance.

Thanks.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Add-on updates

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-08-22, 07:29

You can change add-on update settings in the add-on manager, with the little gear button. This has been moved out of the main preferences window for the browser. Pale Moon's default setting is to check for updates but not automatically install them.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

jumba

Re: Add-on updates

Unread post by jumba » 2012-08-22, 15:02

Use this addon and configure Pale Moon to not to check updates for addons: Add-on Update Checker

I use it to check updates between 48 hours and show the available updates addon page if there are updates available, which is similar what you are looking for.

I like this behavior a lot too as I want to see the release notes before updating everything straight away!