PMCommander Defaults

Suggestions and feature requests for the Pale Moon browser

Moderator: satrow

x-15a2
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

PMCommander Defaults

Unread postby x-15a2 » Wed, 16 Dec 2015, 17:33

I really like Pale Moon Commander and have been wondering if it would be possible to have a "Return to Defaults" button added. The Reset All Preferences button resets everything in Pale Moon (almost like a new user profile), but what I'm requesting is a button that only resets the settings that are available in PMC.

My guess is that this would create a lot of overhead for the utility and a lot of work for MC, but I thought I'd ask. Think of it as a Christmas wish! (God Jul!)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: PMCommander Defaults

Unread postby Moonchild » Wed, 16 Dec 2015, 22:26

Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

x-15a2
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread postby x-15a2 » Thu, 17 Dec 2015, 13:49

Fantastic! Thanks for considering and pursuing this request. Of course, I'm available for any testing that you'd like.

It's a Christmas Miracle!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread postby Moonchild » Thu, 17 Dec 2015, 23:44

I've attached a test version that implements this feature. Use on a portable test setup seems to do exactly what was intended, but feel free to give it a whirl.
English locale only! Please don't try to use it on other locales.
Attachments
PMCommander-180-test.xpi
(102.68 KiB) Downloaded 68 times
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

x-15a2
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread postby x-15a2 » Fri, 18 Dec 2015, 01:43

First, thanks for the fast turn-around on this request and thanks for considering the request... both are very much appreciated.

I've done a series of cursory tests and the Reset Pale Moon Commander Preferences seems to work as designed. Of course, I haven't tested every possible combination, but each of the settings that I changed were correctly reverted to their default settings. I hope that others will install and test this test build and report back their thoughts and test experiences as well.

Again, thanks! This is a great addition to this very helpful tool.

Return to “Suggestions/feature requests”