PMCommander Defaults

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
x-15a2

PMCommander Defaults

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2015-12-16, 17:33

I really like Pale Moon Commander and have been wondering if it would be possible to have a "Return to Defaults" button added. The Reset All Preferences button resets everything in Pale Moon (almost like a new user profile), but what I'm requesting is a button that only resets the settings that are available in PMC.

My guess is that this would create a lot of overhead for the utility and a lot of work for MC, but I thought I'd ask. Think of it as a Christmas wish! (God Jul!)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: PMCommander Defaults

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-12-16, 22:26

"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2015-12-17, 13:49

Fantastic! Thanks for considering and pursuing this request. Of course, I'm available for any testing that you'd like.

It's a Christmas Miracle!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-12-17, 23:44

I've attached a test version that implements this feature. Use on a portable test setup seems to do exactly what was intended, but feel free to give it a whirl.
English locale only! Please don't try to use it on other locales.
Attachments
PMCommander-180-test.xpi
(102.68 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

x-15a2

Unread post by x-15a2 » 2015-12-18, 01:43

First, thanks for the fast turn-around on this request and thanks for considering the request... both are very much appreciated.

I've done a series of cursory tests and the Reset Pale Moon Commander Preferences seems to work as designed. Of course, I haven't tested every possible combination, but each of the settings that I changed were correctly reverted to their default settings. I hope that others will install and test this test build and report back their thoughts and test experiences as well.

Again, thanks! This is a great addition to this very helpful tool.