No tab previews=no pinned tabs listed Topic is solved

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

No tab previews=no pinned tabs listed

Unread post by back2themoon » 2021-04-21, 21:45

Noticed this small inconsistency:

1. Pin at least one tab
2. Set browser.allTabs.previews to false
3. Click the List all tabs button
4. Pinned tab(s) is/are not listed

Switching back to the default mode (tab previews=enabled) will preview all tabs, including pinned ones. So, the suggestion is to list pinned tabs as well.

(also tested on clean PM 29.1.1 portable x64, W10)

New Tobin Paradigm

Re: No tab previews=no pinned tabs listed

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-04-22, 01:06

Why do you need it to list pinned tabs when they are always visable on the tabstrip. The inconsistency is in the graphical tab switcher which SHOULD filter them out and I did some work to that effect but couldn't get it to cooperate.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-22, 08:17

browser.allTabs.hidePinnedTabs
browser.ctrlTab.hidePinnedTabs
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2021-04-22, 09:11

I don't really need it, just bringing the inconsistency to your attention. I'll disagree on tabstrip visibility, since pinned tabs are too small for a quick overview and a full list would help. It does say 'List all tabs' after all.
Moonchild wrote:
2021-04-22, 08:17
browser.allTabs.hidePinnedTabs
browser.ctrlTab.hidePinnedTabs
Thanks. If I'm getting this right, these options still only apply to the default 'Preview' mode, not 'List' mode.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2021-04-22, 09:48

It isn't inconsistant though. There is no reason for a dropdown from the tabstrip to list tabs that are ALWAYS in view. Pinned tabs are OUTSIDE the tab scrolling overflow.

HOWEVER, for graphical switching it does make sense because it is a whole other view.

In any event, you are JUST bringing the way it operates to our attention, right? Well it has our attention and has had our attention before. And you know what? Last time people wanted it excluded from graphical switching and I guess FranklinDM did that. As for your thing..

RESOLVED WONTFIX

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2021-04-22, 10:40

I concur, there is no reason to list pinned tabs in the drop-down listing since they are always in view in the same UI and at the same UI level.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite