OpenSearch Plugins  [Closed]

Suggestions and feature requests for the Pale Moon browser
Moonbird
Moongazer
Moongazer

OpenSearch Plugins

Post by Moonbird » 2020-01-03, 11:56

There was a time, when old browsers had a nice ability to add search engines into the search bar on the top righht corner. No plugin or whatsoever was required for that (see a screenshot of an old Firefox). The preselected choice of search engines, that can be obtainted over the Pale Moon website, lack for example different languages in Wikipedia or leo.org (dictionary). Also someone has to keep that list updated all the time, if new search engines arise. Instead, the users can put search engines into their browsers by themselves.
Attachments
Searchengine.GIF

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: OpenSearch Plugins

Post by Moonchild » 2020-01-03, 12:12

Have you even tried doing this in Pale Moon? Because it doesn't seem like you have, as adding OpenSearch plugins from websites is fully available and working in Pale Moon...
Attachments
Image1.png
Image1.png (22.27 KiB) Viewed 644 times
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose

Moonbird
Moongazer
Moongazer

Re: OpenSearch Plugins  [Closed]

Post by Moonbird » 2020-01-03, 20:26

Mr. Wolf! I'm so sorry! Please don't eat me for that stupidity! It was the Private Browsing Mode to blame, which we didn't had with Netscape back in the days. After setting "Never remember history" to "Use custom settings for history" and disabling Private Browsing Mode, the new search engines are appearing in the list as you showed. Phew. Thank you for your good work!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: OpenSearch Plugins

Post by Moonchild » 2020-01-03, 23:17

Moonbird wrote:
2020-01-03, 20:26
Mr. Wolf! I'm so sorry! Please don't eat me for that stupidity!
Well, I do like me some goose now and then ;-) 🐺

Glad you figured it out!
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose