Suggestions and feature requests for the Pale Moon browser

Moderator: satrow

illiad
Moon lover
Moon lover

supporting pale moon on Windows in a managed environment

Postby illiad » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:06 pm

(a similar post has been locked)

I am using PM in an enterprise environment, that uses K7 antivirus that is managed from the server console.
it is possible to set 'exceptions' for certain sites, but many do not allow this option!

I have found that the latest firefox has a switch that will enable this..
https://mike.kaply.com/2016/09/01/upcom ... on-windows
this is for FFv49, but works very well in FF52..

Would there be any way I could configure Pale Moon to be able to do this?

EG the Facebook website uses HSTS now and then to stop network attacks
- PM and Chrome will not get through, though Facebook was working on PM last week! :roll: :problem:
VM 150Mbs in london england :coffee: on Intel Core I7 3GHz on Gigabyte X58a Mobo.
Latest PM 27.6(64bit) on win7(64bit) sp1, modded to run and update despite no access to 'program file' folder on active directory domain.. :ugeek:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: supporting pale moon on Windows in a managed environment

Postby Moonchild » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:15 pm

I've filed Issue #1332 for this.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

illiad
Moon lover
Moon lover

Postby illiad » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:32 pm

:thumbup: :D :ugeek:
VM 150Mbs in london england :coffee: on Intel Core I7 3GHz on Gigabyte X58a Mobo.
Latest PM 27.6(64bit) on win7(64bit) sp1, modded to run and update despite no access to 'program file' folder on active directory domain.. :ugeek:

illiad
Moon lover
Moon lover

Postby illiad » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:55 pm

Another problem for facebook and twitter... sometimes says HSTS, sometimes says opendns has banned it... even Chrome wont load it! may have 'ghost in the machine' in our work active directory server???

Any chance of a much more detailed report from the 'access prohibited' page?? :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Postby Moonchild » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:32 am

What OpenDNS bans or allows isn't something that is within Pale Moon's power to do anything with. If it's an issue, then consider not using a DNS service that will block sites you actually need to visit. Pale Moon doesn't have an "access prohibited" page; I'm pretty sure that is something OpenDNS directs you to in case of prohibition.
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

illiad
Moon lover
Moon lover

Postby illiad » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:45 pm

Thanks, but our network manager *LOVES* openDNS :/ only if chrome also gives that message will he bother. Good to see it not PM's fault, just DNS !
Good news is the FB fan has moved to a different office, so no complaints.. :) :)

Return to “Suggestions/feature requests”