OneDrive Site rendering issue

Users and developers helping users with technical Pale Moon issues (Windows and other non-Linux O.S.). Please direct questions about the Linux version to the appropriate Linux board.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

Forum rules
This board is for technical/usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only. The main focus here is on Pale Moon on Windows. Please direct your questions for Linux, Android and Mac to the dedicated boards.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in "technical chat"
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
DrTeeth
Moonbather
Moonbather

OneDrive Site rendering issue

Postby DrTeeth » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:07 am

I do not know if this is the correct place for this post, so apologies if it is not.

I am coming across more and more sites that do not render correctly*. I understand why this happens, but at the end of the day, I want a browser that works. I am having to use Firefox more and more during my browsing sessions.

So there are two options. PaleMoon can fall in with all the other browsers and ensure that all sites render or carry on on this current path. If the latter, more and more sites will not render and users will become more frustrated. Of course, there may be some sites that do not render correctly and I cannot tell.

*The latest was just now. I was installing a Flash upgrade. During the install process, one comes to a screen with three panels. The middle one, where an "offer" is made to install a McAfee product, was blank, but was rendered 100% correctly in Firefox.

Cheers

DrTeeth

dark_moon
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Site rendering

Postby dark_moon » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:33 am

No! Pale Moon make it right.

If you have problems with sites, post it and we can find out thats the problem
Happy Pale Moon x64 under Win7 x64 User
German translator for Pale Moon 15+ and Pale Moon Commander addon

HowTo create a new Pale Moon Profile & use the Safe Mode
My GPG Key: 0x01EAFE95

DrTeeth
Moonbather
Moonbather

Postby DrTeeth » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:07 am

Moonchild explained what the problem was. PaleMoon strictly parses HTML and will not render sites that bend the rules.

I have come across 5 sites that will not render correctly since I posted the original message.

All that needs to happen is PaleMoon should render like Firefox does. As it is, I have two monitors and have PaleMoon on one and Firefox on the other due to the increasing number of sites.There are currently too many sites for me to report each one.

Cheers

DrTeeth

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Postby satrow » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:07 am

DrTeeth wrote:I was installing a Flash upgrade. During the install process, one comes to a screen with three panels. The middle one, where an "offer" is made to install a McAfee product, was blank, but was rendered 100% correctly in Firefox.

It also renders 100% correctly in Pale Moon, as indicated on the 14th.

How many of the other four/five sites mentioned will this same method fix?

back2themoon
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby back2themoon » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:08 am

Unless you post concrete examples with links, your assertion is way too generalised and not really true ("other browsers work, Pale Moon doesn't"). You should also make sure there's no interference from content-blocking extensions.
Safe Mode / clean profile info: Menu/Help/Restart with Add-ons Disabled
Information to include when asking for support - How to apply user agent overrides

Windows 10 Pro - Pale Moon x64 - FossaMail x64 - Emsisoft Anti-Malware

DrTeeth
Moonbather
Moonbather

Postby DrTeeth » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:33 am

back2themoon wrote:Unless you post concrete examples with links, your assertion is way too generalised and not really true ("other browsers work, Pale Moon doesn't"). You should also make sure there's no interference from content-blocking extensions.

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your help with this matter.

Please do not assert that what I said is "not really true". I am not imagining it and I have not partaken of any psychoactive substances. I am sorry that my assertion may be "way too generalised", it is in fact my experience.

I cannot remember any other cases from yesterday other than this attached from OneDrive. Changing the user agent mode as per the Adobe Flask workaround does not seem to work for this issue. Naturally, please let me know whatever further information you need and I will be more than happy to supply it.

From now on, I will take screenshots of each case I come across and post it here.

Once again,

Many thanks

DrTeeth
Attachments
2017-06-18_06h20_02.png
2017-06-18_06h20_49.png

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Postby Moonchild » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:54 am

OneDrive works just fine on Pale Moon 27.3.0. Which browser version are you using?
Attachments
Image1.png
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.

DrTeeth
Moonbather
Moonbather

Postby DrTeeth » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:21 am

Moonchild wrote:OneDrive works just fine on Pale Moon 27.3.0. Which browser version are you using?

I'm using the same one, Pale Moon 27.3.0.

Cheers

DrT

Sajadi
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby Sajadi » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:59 am

DrTeeth wrote:So there are two options. PaleMoon can fall in with all the other browsers and ensure that all sites render or carry on on this current path. If the latter, more and more sites will not render and users will become more frustrated. Of course, there may be some sites that do not render correctly and I cannot tell.

Onedrive works here without problems with the unstable version. Can upload files, can create folders, can delete files. No issues here.

Also, why make it complicated. Links are making more sense than screenshots ;) Also "should rendering like Firefox" - there are 2 big problems. First, today's web is turned more and more into a play-field for Chromium based browsers and even Mozilla is having more and more a hard time to make Firefox render "correctly".

Second, there are indeed cases where Pale Moon does have issues... When developers of pages implement the latest shinies script wise related, just because it is "cool and trendy to have them" - of which a lot of them can't even be seen as standards right now and they are actually only drafts at the very moment.

Moonchild tries to make a work-around about the whole issue and there is hope that Pale Moon will still be able to keep it's unique features. The other - possible - attempt - would be just to use the latest Firefox code as base and losing everything what makes Pale Moon into Pale Moon very soon. Which is highly undesired of course.

So, if you are hitting such pages where the developers implement the latest drafts - you have to wait as long until Moonchild is hopefully able to bring more web compatibility towards Pale Moon with that new project which is being worked on right now

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15806
Last edited by Sajadi on Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

back2themoon
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby back2themoon » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:01 am

DrTeeth wrote:Please do not assert that what I said is "not really true". I am not imagining it and I have not partaken of any psychoactive substances.

No one said that. You should try Safe Mode first (check my signature).
Safe Mode / clean profile info: Menu/Help/Restart with Add-ons Disabled
Information to include when asking for support - How to apply user agent overrides

Windows 10 Pro - Pale Moon x64 - FossaMail x64 - Emsisoft Anti-Malware

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Postby Night Wing » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:19 am

One Drive renders properly for me and I'm using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 27.3.0 running in 64 bit linux Mint 18.1 (Serena) with the Xfce desktop environment.
Linux Mint 18.2 (Sonya) Xfce 64-Bit (Default OS) with 64-Bit linux Pale Moon
Windows 7 SP1 64 Bit (Backup OS) with 32-Bit windows Pale Moon

Pale Moon Rising
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Postby Pale Moon Rising » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:31 pm

OneDrive appears to be rendering properly for me as well using Pale Moon 27.3.0 (32-bit) on Windows 7.
OneDrive.png
There was a problem over a year ago regarding photos not rendering Onedrive photos not showing but that has apparently been resolved based on results today (I don't really use OneDrive much so I hadn't checked this out from that time until today).
Current Pale Moon(x86) Release | WIN7(64-bit) | I3 CPU, 2.53 GHz, 4G RAM

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers

Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

Pale Moon Rising
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Postby Pale Moon Rising » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:36 pm

DrTeeth wrote:
Moonchild wrote:OneDrive works just fine on Pale Moon 27.3.0. Which browser version are you using?

I'm using the same one, Pale Moon 27.3.0.

Cheers

DrT
Do you have add-ons?

Since OneDrive works for so many others but not in your case, have you tried running Pale Moon in "safe-mode" to see if this makes a difference? ("Help" > "Restart with Add-ons Disabled...", select "safe-mode" and then try OneDrive). Note: Pale Moon will exit "safe-mode" when you exit the browser). If "safe-mode" solves the problem then an add-on is likely interfering.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers

Knowing Pale Moon is indisputably #1 is defined by knowing the totality of browsers. - Pale Moon Rising

DrTeeth
Moonbather
Moonbather

Postby DrTeeth » Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:55 pm

Hi,

In safe mode now and the site https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=09332fc1 ... Woo-OiyKJo does not appear. The plugins for both pale Moon and Firefox are identical apart from the few that are not compatible with pale Moon.

Here is another site that does not render correctly, but does in FF with all addons loaded https://writelog.com/ and in Pale Moon in safe mode.

If FF can load some sites with all addons loaded and PM has problems with some, more often than not the same addons, changing addons is not really an option.

Cheers

DrT

wyMnNHXB
Moonbather
Moonbather

Postby wyMnNHXB » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:04 pm

OneDrive also works fine for me. What happens in the browser console (F12 -> Console) when you load OneDrive or other "broken" pages?

DrTeeth
Moonbather
Moonbather

Postby DrTeeth » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:09 pm

This is from OneDrive:-
Use of getUserData() or setUserData() is deprecated. Use WeakMap or element.dataset instead. requestNotifier.js:53:0
ReferenceError: requirejs is not defined onedrive.live.com:23:16

Thanks DrT

adesh
Lunatic
Lunatic

Postby adesh » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:33 pm

DrTeeth wrote:ReferenceError: requirejs is not defined onedrive.live.com:23:16

This probably means something is interfering with the loading of JavaScript files. NoScript?

Sajadi
Astronaut
Astronaut

Postby Sajadi » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:46 pm

No problem here with both links. I suggest you delete cookies or try the unstable version which i am using:

http://www.palemoon.org/unstable/

Also, error console warnings are less critical than actual errors from the error console error section. I get some with Onedrive, but the page still does work 100%

Pale Moon Rising
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Postby Pale Moon Rising » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:36 pm

Try testing in an alternate (temporary for testing) new Pale Moon Profile. For reference: HowTo create a new Pale Moon Profile & use the Safemode.

kjhambrick
New to the forum
New to the forum

Postby kjhambrick » Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:55 am

Dr Teeth --

I see you were running an ad blocker.

Does One Drive work with ABL and/or other PlugIns Disabled ?

-- kjh

Return to “General support”