Не устанавливается flash-plugin на Pale Moon в Linux[SOLVED]

Обсуждения на русском языке
chelovekot

Не устанавливается flash-plugin на Pale Moon в Linux[SOLVED]

Unread post by chelovekot » 2014-10-31, 12:54

Операционная система — Fedora 20 (GNOME). На компе живут Firefox, Chromium, Google Chrome, Opera. Все прекрасно ладят с flash. Я, конечно, понимаю, что сейчас приходят новые стандарты (я про HTML5), но в сети существует великое множество сайтов, которые запрашивают flash для корректной работы. Подскажите, как установить flash-плагин для Pale Moon'a? :roll:

P.S. Проблему решили! Спасибо access2godzilla! В общем, если у вас все браузеры работают нормально с флешем, а Pale Moon — нет, то надо просто добавить строчку в файл /etc/profile следующего содержания:

Code: Select all

export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib64/flash-plugin
и флеш-плагин появится в списке дополнений браузера, и флеш заработает... а браузер очень достойный получился. Надеюсь, проект не забросят. Уже подумываю перейти на него с Firefox'a), или пользоваться параллельно. Очень нравится его быстрота!
Last edited by chelovekot on 2014-11-02, 17:00, edited 4 times in total.

access2godzilla

Re: Не могу установить Adobe Flash Player на Pale Moon...Lin

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-10-31, 18:05

I'm unable to read Russian, but you seem to be asking about the fact that flash player does not appear in the list of plugins. You can put a statement in /etc/profile:

export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/directory/in/which/plugin/exists
This path would be most likely be "/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins"; but you can always try to locate it using:

find / -type f -name libflashplayer.so

chelovekot

Unread post by chelovekot » 2014-11-01, 18:48

access2godzilla wrote:I'm unable to read Russian, but you seem to be asking about the fact that flash player does not appear in the list of plugins. You can put a statement in /etc/profile:

export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/directory/in/which/plugin/exists
This path would be most likely be "/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins"; but you can always try to locate it using:

I tried all what you had wrote, nothing has helped me. So sad... :| Maybe Pale Moon is not compatible with Fedora 20 GNOME?

access2godzilla

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-11-02, 05:19

Could you translate your original post to English? I also see a reference to HTML5 video support, so are you asking about that too? If that's what you need, you can set media.gstreamer.enabled to true from about:config.

Regarding the Flash player: Did you try locating the file using the command? I want to be doubly sure, because the last command posted (to locate the file) should have worked. Also, it locates just the file paths, so, if you got "/usr/lib64/flash-player/libflashplayer.so", the statement you would have to put in /etc/profile would be:

export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib64/flash-player
Alternatively, you could download the GZIP distribution from https://www.adobe.com/products/flashpla ... tion3.html and do the following as root:

tar -xf <flash_player_archive>
cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
cp -r usr/ /

chelovekot

Unread post by chelovekot » 2014-11-02, 09:31

access2godzilla wrote:
Could you translate your original post to English? I also see a reference to HTML5 video support, so are you asking about that too? If that's what you need, you can set media.gstreamer.enabled to true from about:config.

Regarding the Flash player: Did you try locating the file using the command? I want to be doubly sure, because the last command posted (to locate the file) should have worked. Also, it locates just the file paths, so, if you got "/usr/lib64/flash-player/libflashplayer.so", the statement you would have to put in /etc/profile would be:

Alternatively, you could download the GZIP distribution from https://www.adobe.com/products/flashpla ... tion3.html and do the following as root:

tar -xf <flash_player_archive>
cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
cp -r usr/ /
No, there are no problems with HTML5. I wrote about HTML5, that this new standard of HTML support not all sites in the Web, so I need yet Flash Player support from Adobe too.
I tried to locate the file of flash-plugin using your command

— it returns me this:

[pushistiq@pushistiq ~]$ sudo find / -type f -name libflashplayer.so
[sudo] password for pushistiq: 
/usr/lib64/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/libflashplayer.so
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
find: ‘/run/user/1000/gvfs’: Permission denied
/run/media/pushistiq/Container3TB/home/home/pushistiq/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/run/media/pushistiq/Container3TB/home/pushistiq/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/run/media/pushistiq/Container3TB/BACKUPS/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
/home/pushistiq/.mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
I created the bash-file named "my-flashplugin-for-pale-moon.sh" in the directory /etc/profile.d/ with your line:

Besides, I tried to put these lines:

export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
and

export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib64/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so
and

export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/lib64/libreoffice/program/libflashplayer.so
and....no results :think:

access2godzilla

Unread post by access2godzilla » 2014-11-02, 09:54

What I posted was an example and you need to adapt it for your system. The statement in /etc/profile (not /etc/profile.d) would thus be:

chelovekot

Unread post by chelovekot » 2014-11-02, 16:49

access2godzilla wrote:What I posted was an example and you need to adapt it for your system. The statement in /etc/profile (not /etc/profile.d) would thus be:

THANK YOU! It's helped me! When I tried to edit this file (/etc/profile), there is I saw this warning:

# It's NOT a good idea to change this file unless you know what you
# are doing. It's much better to create a custom.sh shell script in
# /etc/profile.d/ to make custom changes to your environment, as this
# will prevent the need for merging in future updates.
therefore I made my shell-script in the directory /etc/profile.d/ how it adviced. I will add your advice in Russian in my original post! It works!