Java & Flash do not work anymore

Pale Moon releases and site news
(read-only)
Firefoxdisappointed

Java & Flash do not work anymore

Unread post by Firefoxdisappointed » 2013-07-31, 13:09

Hi,

I am a Firefox-User since Firefox 1.0. But because the Firefox 22 update Firefox had several issues which annoyed me (size had to be adjusted, Favicon Changer no longer works and constant Crashed on Flash Videos and constant crashing of the whole browser), I became a Pale Moon User.
The last weeks have been great Pale Moon didn't have the issues which annoyed me. Now from one moment to another Flash and Java don't work anymore. When I use Firefox both Flash and Java work great so the problem hast to be with Pale Moon.

Is this problem common? Does anyone know the solution?

dark_moon

Re: Java & Flash do not work anymore

Unread post by dark_moon » 2013-07-31, 14:00

Welcome to the forum!

First, which Java and which Adobe Flash version do you have installed?
And do you try a clean pale moon profile?

Firefoxdisappointed

Unread post by Firefoxdisappointed » 2013-07-31, 15:23

Java: Version 7 Update 25
Flash: Flash Player 11

How do I clean my profile?

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2013-07-31, 17:25

(German)

Du bist ja ein Deutscher. Dann brauch ich das nicht auf Englisch schreiben:
Gehe in den Ordner von Pale Moon und erstelle eine Verknüpfung von palemoon.exe
Nun Rechtsklick auf diese - Eigenschaften und ändere den Pfad bei Ziel folgendermaßen:
Füge hinter dem " ein -p an. Achtung! Das Leerzeichen zwischen " und -p nicht vergessen!

Dann startest du diese Verknüpfung und es öffnet sich der Profilemanager. Dort erstellst du ein neues Profil und startest PaleMoon.

Firefoxdisappointed

Unread post by Firefoxdisappointed » 2013-07-31, 18:41

Vielen Dank, das ganze hat wirklich super funktioniert. :)

Gibt Passwörter genauso einfach zu immigrieren wie bei den Lesezeichen?

dark_moon

Unread post by dark_moon » 2013-07-31, 19:36

Fast.

Am einfachsten ist es wenn du nach C:\Users\DEIN ACCOUNTNAME\AppData\Roaming\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\ZUFALLZAHLEN UND BUCHSTABEN.Default
gehst und dort alle .sqlite Dateien in dein neues Profil kopierst. Dann sollten alle Passwörter und auch fast alle Einstellungen vorhanden seien :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-07-31, 21:16

I wouldn't just copy over all .sqlite files. if you are making a new profile because of issues with the old one, you should only copy over relevant data. Copying all of them over may copy over the data causing the issue in the first place.

The following article will help:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Re ... %20profile

Passwords are stored in key3.db and signons.sqlite (you need both files)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Firefoxdisappointed

Unread post by Firefoxdisappointed » 2013-07-31, 21:29

Moonchild was wright, I copied the old issues so the problem was there again.

Therefore I made a third profile and only copied key3.db and signos.sqlite and restored everything else manually and now every problems are solved :)

Than You very much, both of you.

[EDIT:] Now I have a problem because of my new profile.

On my default profile there was one extension (Citavi Picker, which I need for my university work) which I had immigrated from Firefox by using the immigration tool.
These extension does not have an entry on the Firefox Extensions Page and it is only possible to get this extension with 2 different setups (Citavi software setup or Citavi Picker Extion Setup) which both add it automatically to Firefox not to Pale Moon.

Because I deleted my default Pale Moon Profile I don't have it anymore on any profile in Pale Moon. But the extension still is in my Firefox profile. How can I import/copy the extension to Pale Moon, which files do I need to copy?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-08-01, 06:30

I've shot an e-mail to the citavi developers asking about this, and requesting future support for Pale Moon.
Possibly, there are unpacked add-on files in your Firefox profile under distribution/bundles -- if so, then copying that to your Pale Moon profile location would get you the add-on.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Blacklab » 2013-08-01, 09:15

Firefoxdisappointed wrote:How can I import/copy the extension to Pale Moon, which files do I need to copy?
Moonchild wrote:Possibly, there are unpacked add-on files in your Firefox profile under distribution/bundles...
@Firefoxdisappointed: You will find a Howto "make your own" stand-alone Add-on (.xpi file) from "unpacked add-on files" in the recent wondershare converter plugin workaround topic. This assumes you can locate the "unpacked" Firefox extension folder you want within the Citavi application?

EDIT 1: Had a quick look - the Citavi Picker 2013.5.30 "unpacked" Add-on is located in C:\ProgramData\Swiss Academic Software\Citavi Picker\Firefox - this is a hidden folder so you will need the "show hidden files and folders" option selected in Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab to see it:
Citavi Picker 2013.5.30 unpacked folder.JPG
The Citavi application's "Firefox" folder can be made into a stand-alone Add-on and installed in Pale Moon as follows:
  • Copy "Firefox" folder to Desktop (it's an ordinary folder - the "unpacked" version of the add-on (flat file structure).
  • Open "Firefox" folder, Select All (or however you normally select multiple files) > Right-click (on any of the 4 highlighted files) > Select "Send To" > Choose "Compressed (zipped) Folder" option. Rename the newly created "xxxxxx.zip" folder as "CitaviPicker.xpi" (or "any name.xpi").
  • Drag new "CitaviPicker.xpi" file onto Desktop. Close copy of original "Firefox" folder, delete or keep as you please.
  • Install Citavi Picker 2013.5.30 stand-alone Add-on ("CitaviPicker.xpi" file) into Pale Moon by normal methods, either drag & drop "CitaviPicker.xpi" onto any open Pale Moon window, or in Pale Moon Add-ons Manager > Click Gearwheel symbol (top right) > Select "Install Add-on From File..."
Citavi Picker 2013.5.30 installed in Pale Moon.JPG
The Citavi Picker Add-on installed into Pale Moon's Add-ons Manager normally and in basic tests worked for me, however as I do not have any experience of using Citavi I will leave in-depth testing of Citavi Picker to you. Ich hoffe, es funktioniert alles richtig in Pale Moon? Daumen drücken! :)

PS. I could not find the Wondershare VCU extension file in Firefox's Profile folder but I note that you say "the (Citavi Picker) extension still is in my Firefox profile" so the alternative "copy file over" method which is struck out in the Wondershare topic may also work for you?

EDIT 2: A curiosity? As with Wondershare VCU I could not find the Citavi Picker extension file in my Firefox Profile "extensions" folder? In both cases the file ID was listed in the Extensions section on Firefox's Troubleshooting Information page but did not appear in the Firefox Profile "extensions" folder... and yet when you install the "make your own" stand-alone Add-on in Pale Moon... there is the correct file (ID: {8AA36F4F-6DC7-4c06-77AF-5035170634FE} in the case of Citavi Picker, same ID as in Firefox) in the Pale Moon Profile "extensions" folder just as expected! So where are the original extension files installed in Firefox? Do the extension files remain "onboard" their parent application, are they installed somewhere else, or perhaps hidden? :? Anyone?)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2013-08-05, 14:31

Answer from the Citavi developers:
Users of Pale Moon and other re-branded browsers can use Citavi Picker as well as users of Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer.
For browsers which are based on Firefox it is sufficient to follow the URL:
http://www.citavi.com/sub/setup/citavi4/FirefoxPicker.xpi