Tab Groups Blank Tabs

Pale Moon releases and site news
(read-only)
Sovereign108

Tab Groups Blank Tabs

Unread post by Sovereign108 » 2012-12-24, 17:10

Hi, when you enter Tab Groups, I see tabs with no thumbnails and no title. Is this a known bug or is there something I can do?

Cheeres

Blacklab
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Tab Groups Blank Tabs

Unread post by Blacklab » 2012-12-25, 00:06

I think that you may be right - there do seem to be similar known issues with Tab Groups (Panorama). A few key word searches on the Mozilla Support site (SUMO): http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/home and mozillaZine forums: http://forums.mozillazine.org/index.php each bring up several recent/current topics with a variety of suggestions and links to known problems and reported bugs. You can search the Mozilla Bugzilla directly: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/ but IMHO this is not very easy!

As I do not use Tab groups I'm afraid the features and terminology largely pass me by, so all I can recommend is that you dive into the first two sites and follow the leads yourself - at least you will understand what you are reading! :)

Hopefully a forum member who uses Tab Groups can provide some more in depth assistance! Happy Christmas!

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-12-25, 10:26

Tab groups don't show titles or thumbnails for pages that you have not loaded yet. If you want them to always show, then you have to load all pages on startup of the browser (uncheck "Don't load tabs until selected" in Options -> Tabs). This is the same with the tab switching thumbnail display, and is caused by pages and thumbnails not being cached between browser sessions (a security consideration)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Sovereign108

Unread post by Sovereign108 » 2012-12-25, 10:32

Moonchild wrote:Tab groups don't show titles or thumbnails for pages that you have not loaded yet. If you want them to always show, then you have to load all pages on startup of the browser (uncheck "Don't load tabs until selected" in Options -> Tabs). This is the same with the tab switching thumbnail display, and is caused by pages and thumbnails not being cached between browser sessions (a security consideration)
Hi Moonchild! That was already unchecked.

However, toggling gfx.canvas.azure.enabled to false solved the problem of no thumbnails in Tab Groups mode. I am gonna play around with Catalyst to see if I can get it to work as Azure sounds important in rendering (performance-wise) :)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-12-25, 10:45

Toggling azure for canvas fixed it? Hmm.. yeah, you want to keep that on, as it will severely impact canvas-based elements (like html5 video and games). Nothing off the top of my head to suggest, and I can't really check the source of panorama right now, as I'm out visiting people for Christmas - didn't think canvas was even used for Panorama, to begin with. Are you sure it was canvas. and not content.? the content. one can cause issues in many UI elements in the current version and should be kept OFF.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Sovereign108

Unread post by Sovereign108 » 2012-12-25, 11:04

...actually I spoke too soon - even if that is set to false, I still get some issues :(

The problem seems to be intermittent for me...but that was a listed solution on another board though.....http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2318843