Suddenly appearance of new config

Pale Moon releases and site news
(read-only)
Accel

Suddenly appearance of new config

Unread post by Accel » 2012-12-03, 04:17

OK, this is wierd. after i clean uninstall Palemoon x64, and change some config like nglayout.initialpaint.delay to 120, because it seems it is the best delay on my connection and setup. and restart PM and my laptop

this new config name :
gfx.blacklist.direct2d with value : 3
appear suddenly. and block my driver to use direct2d ( i use troubleshooting information to checked this ).

any thought what would cause this? because this made my browsing experience became sluggish and impacts PM performance quite noticably.

I'm using PM x64 15.3.1 with hybrid setup ( AMD 6630M + Intel HD 3000)

i never touch gfx config value or made a new entry
Attachments
PM Troubleshooting.JPG
important modified preference.JPG

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Suddenly appearance of new config

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-12-03, 06:58

It appears because your graphics driver is blacklisted from using direct2d because of issues.
"Blocked for your graphics driver version"

A different version of your AMD graphics driver will re-enable acceleration. (some recent versions of them caused crashes and have been blocked, most notably 12.8)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Accel

Re: Suddenly appearance of new config

Unread post by Accel » 2012-12-03, 11:11

ok thx for the confirmation.. i'll try another driver provided from third party ( this driver is provided by my OEM )