Pale Moon release day today!

Pale Moon releases and site news
(read-only)
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Pale Moon release day today!

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-10-01, 08:04

New versions of Pale Moon will be released today, at 14:00 CEST (12:00 UTC/GMT).
I think I've worked out all the problems and since the release is ready, I may as well drop it out on Saturday instead of Sunday.
(Also suggested by the people from Betanews who syndicate the releases, as Sunday is a "slow tech news day")
Included:
  • Pale Moon 7.0
  • Pale Moon 7.0 x64
  • Pale Moon 7.0 portable
  • Pale Moon 3.6.24
  • Pale Moon 3.6.24 portable
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

nana2

Re: Pale Moon release day today!

Unread post by nana2 » 2011-10-01, 15:02

GREAT work Moonchild! :clap: Thank you. PM 7 is MUCH faster on my PC than Fx 7.0.2. Kudo's for changing the orange PM Menu button to a blue one! Have been surfing and trying it out for over an hour. Flawless!!! :D

bladerunner

Unread post by bladerunner » 2011-10-01, 15:27

Moonchild wrote:New versions of Pale Moon will be released today
Great work!! :clap: Thanks!

One question: after installing Pale Moon 7 I went in Pale Mon site to download a language pack, and I cliked on "Allow" , but I got the message "Pale Moon can't download... because there is a problem.. in connectivity with palemoon.org...please try later." I didn't know the reason of this , so I tried to download with another browser, and I got the message" Bit Defender internet security is blocking this download" (on this PC I'm testing Bit Defender Internet Security 2012), so I "fixed" everything.

The question is: why I got no info with Pale Moon about Bit Defender ( I mean, no Bit Defender window ), but only generic message" the download---is not possible.."? There is something I have to change in Pale Moon settings?

Regards

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-10-01, 15:47

Let me guess. bitdefender blocked it because "it is not a commonly downloaded file"? - Seriously, that's SO pretentious, like anything with less than xx number of recorded global downloads is "dangerous" :P

As for the window, it probably knows about Firefox but not about Pale Moon, so it just blocks silently instead of giving you the information you need to know... I suggest you get yourself a better internet security package.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

MozillaUser233

Unread post by MozillaUser233 » 2011-10-02, 02:36

Awesome, feels like Christmas time when I was a child! :mrgreen:

Thanks Moonchild! :thumbup:

bladerunner

Unread post by bladerunner » 2011-10-02, 11:39

Moonchild wrote:Let me guess. bitdefender blocked it because "it is not a commonly downloaded file"? - Seriously, that's SO pretentious, like anything with less than xx number of recorded global downloads is "dangerous" :P

As for the window, it probably knows about Firefox but not about Pale Moon, so it just blocks silently instead of giving you the information you need to know... I suggest you get yourself a better internet security package.

Bit Defender blocked it because of "access to a potentially dangerous website". Anyway, I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security (I use it since long time;always worked fine with Pale Moon..). Bit Defender was only for testing - it's a quite good one, but needs a great care about settings; if some protection parameters ( for example antivirus or web antivirus) are high there is a big risk of false positive in detection...

About window I was just wondering if it could be related with some Pale Moon settings, but I think you are right, probably Pale Moon is just not recognized

Regards

jaromanda

Unread post by jaromanda » 2011-10-12, 05:24

nana2 wrote:GREAT work Moonchild! :clap: Thank you. PM 7 is MUCH faster on my PC than Fx 7.0.2. Kudo's for changing the orange PM Menu button to a blue one! Have been surfing and trying it out for over an hour. Flawless!!! :D
Why is my PM button "firefox" orange instead of "pale moon cool" blue in windows 7?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-10-12, 08:47

Because you were running the beta? ;)