Pale Moon release day today!

Pale Moon releases and site news
(read-only)
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Pale Moon release day today!

Post by Moonchild » 2011-10-01, 08:04

New versions of Pale Moon will be released today, at 14:00 CEST (12:00 UTC/GMT).
I think I've worked out all the problems and since the release is ready, I may as well drop it out on Saturday instead of Sunday.
(Also suggested by the people from Betanews who syndicate the releases, as Sunday is a "slow tech news day")
Included:
  • Pale Moon 7.0
  • Pale Moon 7.0 x64
  • Pale Moon 7.0 portable
  • Pale Moon 3.6.24
  • Pale Moon 3.6.24 portable
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose

nana2
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: Pale Moon release day today!

Post by nana2 » 2011-10-01, 15:02

GREAT work Moonchild! :clap: Thank you. PM 7 is MUCH faster on my PC than Fx 7.0.2. Kudo's for changing the orange PM Menu button to a blue one! Have been surfing and trying it out for over an hour. Flawless!!! :D

bladerunner

Post by bladerunner » 2011-10-01, 15:27

Moonchild wrote:New versions of Pale Moon will be released today
Great work!! :clap: Thanks!

One question: after installing Pale Moon 7 I went in Pale Mon site to download a language pack, and I cliked on "Allow" , but I got the message "Pale Moon can't download... because there is a problem.. in connectivity with palemoon.org...please try later." I didn't know the reason of this , so I tried to download with another browser, and I got the message" Bit Defender internet security is blocking this download" (on this PC I'm testing Bit Defender Internet Security 2012), so I "fixed" everything.

The question is: why I got no info with Pale Moon about Bit Defender ( I mean, no Bit Defender window ), but only generic message" the download---is not possible.."? There is something I have to change in Pale Moon settings?

Regards

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Post by Moonchild » 2011-10-01, 15:47

Let me guess. bitdefender blocked it because "it is not a commonly downloaded file"? - Seriously, that's SO pretentious, like anything with less than xx number of recorded global downloads is "dangerous" :P

As for the window, it probably knows about Firefox but not about Pale Moon, so it just blocks silently instead of giving you the information you need to know... I suggest you get yourself a better internet security package.
"There will be times when the position you advocate, no matter how well framed and supported, will not be accepted by the public simply because you are who you are." -- Merrill Rose

MozillaUser233

Post by MozillaUser233 » 2011-10-02, 02:36

Awesome, feels like Christmas time when I was a child! :mrgreen:

Thanks Moonchild! :thumbup:

bladerunner

Post by bladerunner » 2011-10-02, 11:39

Moonchild wrote:Let me guess. bitdefender blocked it because "it is not a commonly downloaded file"? - Seriously, that's SO pretentious, like anything with less than xx number of recorded global downloads is "dangerous" :P

As for the window, it probably knows about Firefox but not about Pale Moon, so it just blocks silently instead of giving you the information you need to know... I suggest you get yourself a better internet security package.

Bit Defender blocked it because of "access to a potentially dangerous website". Anyway, I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security (I use it since long time;always worked fine with Pale Moon..). Bit Defender was only for testing - it's a quite good one, but needs a great care about settings; if some protection parameters ( for example antivirus or web antivirus) are high there is a big risk of false positive in detection...

About window I was just wondering if it could be related with some Pale Moon settings, but I think you are right, probably Pale Moon is just not recognized

Regards

jaromanda

Post by jaromanda » 2011-10-12, 05:24

nana2 wrote:GREAT work Moonchild! :clap: Thank you. PM 7 is MUCH faster on my PC than Fx 7.0.2. Kudo's for changing the orange PM Menu button to a blue one! Have been surfing and trying it out for over an hour. Flawless!!! :D
Why is my PM button "firefox" orange instead of "pale moon cool" blue in windows 7?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Post by Moonchild » 2011-10-12, 08:47

Because you were running the beta? ;)