UXP and system requirements
Posted: 2017-05-28, 14:55
As I'm preparing the first code revision of UXP (Unified XUL Platform) and the new browser building on it, I'm evaluating the system requirements for it to have a broad yet not restrictive set of parameters to work in. The minimum system requirements for any application building on the platform will be:
- A processor with SSE2 support.
- At least 1 GB of system memory (applications may run in less, but 1GB is a good minimum to target).
- Windows: an up-to-date version of Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10. The platform will not support Windows XP or Vista.
Considering Vista is past end-of-life, it's unwise to still target this O.S. with a new platform.
- Linux: A recent kernel and system libraries. Our focus will be GTK2. More details to be determined at a later date.
- Mac OS X: At least version 10.9 will be required. Note that Mac development is currently not planned by our team.