Pale Moon 7.0 x64 will be delayed

Pale Moon releases and site news
(read-only)
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Pale Moon 7.0 x64 will be delayed

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-09-28, 10:19

The 64-bit native version of Pale Moon 7.0 will be delayed as it is still problematic to build. The root cause of this is being investigated, and may need some trial&error to dodge the internal compiler errors in Microsoft Visual C that are preventing the release right now.

I may have to resort to doing it differently for having a release build in a reasonable time which may show a speed regression. Rest assured everything is being done to come to a proper build as soon as possible, but it may take some time!
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

MozillaUser233

Re: Pale Moon 7.0 x64 will be delayed

Unread post by MozillaUser233 » 2011-09-29, 00:16

That will be fine. I probably will wait until Mozilla releases an update of firefox 7 and you/or your team compile it to Pale Moon x64.

I've read around a little and come to find out about this

Add-ons hidden after updating to Firefox 7

Kinda sux, but I'll be waiting for a second release or when ever it is fixed.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-09-29, 10:15

That's up to you -- I didn't notice this issue at all, myself, and as far as I know neither did any of the beta testers in Pale Moon. It may not even be an issue in Pale Moon.

If it still is, there is a VERY easy workaround:
https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/add-ons-hidden-after-updating-firefox-7
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

MozillaUser233

Unread post by MozillaUser233 » 2011-09-30, 22:56

Looks like I will be ready to go once PM 7.0.x is released :D.

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/7. ... easenotes/

Fixed a rare issue where some users could find one or more of their add-ons hidden after a Firefox update.