Adobe Flash issues

Pale Moon releases and site news
(read-only)
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Adobe Flash issues

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-09-22, 09:04

If you are experiencing pauses/stuttering and sound delays in Pale Moon with Flash, try installing an older version of the Flash plugin:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1466747/Palemoon/support/install_flash_player_10.3.181.114_non_ie.exe

This is a know issue with Flash plugin v 10.3.183.* and possibly later - not sure what they did, but it's messed up functionality for quite a number of systems!

Remember if you install this version, to disable automatic update checking in the plugin control panel or you'll be upgraded again first thing to a broken version!
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

sdrocking

Re: Adobe Flash issues

Unread post by sdrocking » 2011-09-22, 18:52

Isn't it a bad idea to ask users to downgrade? Does Flash 11 RC have the same issues? Otherwise you can suggest it to users. http://www.filehippo.com/download_flashplayer_firefox/

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-09-22, 19:00

It'd be a downgrade from 10.3.183 to 10.3.181 -- there's barely any difference between the two, certainly not re: security or major functionality. they broke it.
As for Flash 11 RC: It's probably buggier than this :P
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

satrow
Forum staff
Forum staff

Unread post by satrow » 2011-09-22, 20:15

I've been running Flash 11 on W7 x64 since early August and I've not seen a problem with it yet ...

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2011-09-23, 07:59

But that's also a beta/dev release -- this is for the release version of Flash that people automatically are prompted to install (and have an update to every few days....)

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2011-09-23, 14:51

cymroly wrote:I've been running Flash 11 on W7 x64 since early August and I've not seen a problem with it yet ...
A week after that problem I had where the 64-bit version would mess up and show a black screen, just audio playing, but sometimes it would work fullscreen, weird, it's because I think I had some junk files that mess up the flash.

Like the Beta tester should do, clean the PC, regular maintenance. This is what regular users just aren't used to, they just want things to work.

Cactusneedle

Unread post by Cactusneedle » 2012-01-12, 21:37

This advice solved my jittering unsynched flash video playbacks in Shockwave. Went into about:config, changed network.http.pipeline to "false". I have a dual boot Vista and Linux PCLOS -- Pale Moon 9.0.1 on BOTH OS working beautifully!! Love this browser. Thank you.