Primary focus for this milestone is web compatibility, in particular Regular Expression extensions, standards compliance issues and further JPEG-XL support.
Special thanks to Martok, Job Bautista and FranklinDM without whom this milestone would not have been possible, and to dbsoft for putting in the effort to work on Mac and FreeBSD builds.
Most important changes:
- Implemented Regular Expression named capture groups.
- Implemented Regular Expression unicode property escapes.
- Re-implemented Regular Expression lookaround/lookbehind (without crashing this time ).
- Implemented progressive decoding for JPEG-XL.
- Implemented animation for JPEG-XL.
- Renamed CSS offset-* properties to inset-* to align with the latest spec and the web.
- Fixed CSS inheritance and padding issues in some cases.
- Aligned parsing of incorrectly duplicated HSTS headers with expected behavior (discard all but the first one).
- Implemented a method to avoid memory exhaustion in case of (very) large resolution animated images.
- Updated the JPEG-XL and Highway libraries to a recent, stable version.
- Cleaned up some unused CSS prefixing code.
- Improved the ability to link on *nix operating systems with other linkers than gcc's default.
- Stability improvements (potential crash fixes).
- Security issues addressed: CVE-2023-23598, CVE-2023-23599 and several others that do not have a CVE number.
- UXP Mozilla security patch summary: 4 fixed, 2 DiD, 19 not applicable.
We're working on finalizing official builds for Mac OS and FreeBSD. These are currently in beta and can be downloaded from the Contributed Builds page. Please note that you may run into some system compatibility issues with these builds. If you do, please report it in the appropriate board!
Linux builds will follow shortly!