Graphic Drivers crash with Pale Moon

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
kevinp

Graphic Drivers crash with Pale Moon

Unread post by kevinp » 2017-02-21, 10:12

Hi
I use win 7 64 and have a nVidia graphic card.
When I open 2 or more tabs in pm, my graphic drivers crash for no reason that I can see. Does not happen with any other browser or application.
Sometimes Pale Moon just crashes by itself, normally when 2 or more tabs are open.
Using 27.1.0

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Graphic Drivers crash with Pale Moon

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-02-21, 10:34

Please include (copy as text) the output of Help -> troubleshooting information.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

kevinp

Unread post by kevinp » 2017-02-22, 04:47

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2017-03-06, 23:19

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.
I don't really see anything obvious standing out in the troubleshooting information; your video card is rather dated, and I'm not sure how well driver compatibility is for 2017 drivers with very old hardware, so that may be the cause.

I suggest you go to Options -> Advanced -> General, and see if unchecking "Use hardware acceleration when available" helps your case any.
Also, if you have "NVidia 3D Vision" software installed, try uninstalling that. You won't need it unless you have specific 3D goggles, and it's been rather crash-prone.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite