No Facebook integration

Suggestions and feature requests for the Pale Moon browser

Moderator: Indalecio

No Facebook integration

Postby Eclipsed » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:07 am

Please keep automatic social media integration out of Pale Moon.
Eclipsed
New to the forums
New to the forums

Re: No Facebook integration

Postby Moonchild » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:20 am

There is no intention to integrate social media into Pale Moon - that should be left a free choice (and not biased to a short list) and is best done with one of the many many available add-ons ;)
Please do not send me private messages for anything that could also be posted in the public boards.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Postby Night Wing » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:22 pm

On a side note, I keep the social integration toolbar out of Firefox v17.0 by blocking the Facebook website via the hosts file from both of my computers. I did this because some people who use my computers, they have a tendency to use Firefox as their browser choice. I didn't want them accidentally getting redirected to Facebook via a link. By using the hosts file and blocking Facebook, I don't have to worry about the Facebook "Turn On" button putting that toolbar into the Firefox browser.

I'll do the same thing for Twitter and other social sites when these social sites can put their social buttons into Firefox. From looking at what buttons Facebook puts into the social toolbar, when other sites will be able to put their social button into that toolbar, that is going to be one l-o-n-g toolbar taking up lots of space.

If Pale Moon had followed Firefox's lead into social integration, I was planning to do the same thing with Pale Moon. I'm glad Pale Moon didn't go the social route.
Night Wing
Lunar Warrior
Lunar Warrior

Postby Rohugh » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:05 pm

Yep, the first thing I did with FF 17 was to turn off the Facebook site, once again it is a case of Mozilla trying to do too many things with their browser to please too many people.
Desktop 1:- Win 7 X64 HP XP1 1TB HD/8GB RAM · Pale Moon 24.7.2
Desktop 2:- Win 8.1 X64 500GB HD/1TB External HD/8GB RAM · Pale Moon 25.0.0b2/24.7.2
Laptop:- Win 8.1 X64 1TB HD/4GB RAM · Pale Moon 24.7.2
Rohugh
Lunatic
Lunatic

Postby nana2 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:10 pm

Moonchild wrote:There is no intention to integrate social media into Pale Moon - that should be left a free choice (and not biased to a short list) and is best done with one of the many many available add-ons ;)
Thanks Moonchild for not integrating social media into Pale Moon. I don't use any social media and love a lean browser and therefore Pale Moon fits the bill perfectly. :clap:
nana2
Moon lover
Moon lover

Postby dcurrey » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:06 am

I am new to Pale Moon and am glad to hear that the social api will not be included.

For the life of me can't figure out why Mozilla just didn't develop it as an add on.
dcurrey

Postby Night Wing » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:36 pm

dcurrey wrote:I am new to Pale Moon and am glad to hear that the social api will not be included.

For the life of me can't figure out why Mozilla just didn't develop it as an add on.

I have a hunch it involved...............MONEY...........from Facebook.
Night Wing
Lunar Warrior
Lunar Warrior

No Facebook integration

Postby rathodh61 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Hello Guise. I am completely new to Pale Moon but I am glad to hear that the social apps will not be included here. I am happy to use this present Pale Moon. :thumbup:
rathodh61
Moongazer
Moongazer

Postby 26F36DD » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:27 pm

I like it better without Facebook constantly being in my face. I always thought it was stupid and if I changed my mind I could just go there. I don't want my browser trying to spy on me too.
26F36DD
Moon lover
Moon lover

Postby lobocursor » Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:02 am

Maybe not related to Pale Moon directly but I can tell why is wise not have Facebook integration around. I use Trillian and for avoid to hide from some friends in Facebook I did installed the messenger part of Facebook. The trouble is that when I need to consult Facebook directly in Palemoon Trillian and the web side of Facebook battle to tell me the notifications twice! So I need to close Trillian for focus in the website.

Imagine now If you have Facebook integration and need to see the web page for some reason... BOOOM! No thanks. So why I love Pale Moon is like to use a Lego browser, I can add the pieces I need to made my own browser. :D
I don't bite... hard - Psalm 51 ■ Salmos 51
lobocursor
Lunar Warrior
Lunar Warrior

Next

Return to Suggestions/feature requests