Problem With William Hill

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
WeskerChild

Problem With William Hill

Unread post by WeskerChild » 2012-08-04, 10:49

The scoreboard never loads on Pale Moon, I tried it on IE and it works fine but on Pale Moon I get an error message and I have no idea why. It's supposed to look like this:

But instead this happens:

I've tried refreshing the page like it suggests but that doesn't do a thing, any ideas?

steviem1

Re: Problem With William Hill

Unread post by steviem1 » 2012-08-04, 11:03

Please can you provide further information about the website you're trying to access?

WeskerChild

Unread post by WeskerChild » 2012-08-04, 11:10

It's a betting website, you can go on it yourself and click on any live football/soccer match and see if the scoreboard loads.

Here's the link: http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en-gb/betlive/9

steviem1

Unread post by steviem1 » 2012-08-04, 11:30

Yes it loads perfectly for me, which version of Pale Moon are you using? it could be your Plugins are out of date. Go to Add-on manager -> Plugins -> check to see if your plugins are up to date.

WeskerChild

Unread post by WeskerChild » 2012-08-04, 11:54

Version 12.3, all plugins seem to be up to date. What program does that scoreboard use do you know?

steviem1

Unread post by steviem1 » 2012-08-04, 12:38

Hmm you may have installed add-ons that are blocking it inadvertantly or specifically, You could try troubleshooting by disabling any likely ones one by one, which could be causing the problem or you could startup Pale Moon with all addons disabled and try the website again - see if that works.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2012-08-04, 13:23

Scoreboard works for me. I'm on PM v12.3 (32-bit) running the Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit operating system. My only two add-ons are NoSquint and IE Tab V2.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-08-04, 14:55

Works fine here too - it's done with HTML5 so it shouldn't be a plugin issue.

Please check which version of Pale Moon you are using by going to help -> about Pale Moon
If it is 3.6.x then this will likely not work. If it's version 12.3, then you should check if you have any ad/content blockers active that causes it, as suggested above.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

stravinsky

Unread post by stravinsky » 2012-08-06, 04:36

disable all addons and enable them one-by-one.

WeskerChild

Unread post by WeskerChild » 2012-09-24, 17:18

I tried that, still doesn't work. I give up, I'll just use IE for that website.