Pale Moon and Roboform (no Lite)

Users and developers helping users with technical Pale Moon issues. Please direct questions about the Linux version to the appropriate Linux board.

Moderator: Indalecio

Forum rules
This board is for technical/usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in "technical chat"
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!

Pale Moon and Roboform (no Lite)

Postby Pauli » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:24 am

Hello,

I'm new to Pale Moon (using 9.0.1) and it works very nice and except all my favorite plugins accept Roboform!

OK, the Lite Plugin works but this is not really good. So is there anybody out there who get the newest plugin to work and can tell me how to manually install the plugin?

Thanks a lot because I need Roboform!

Pauli
Pauli
Moongazer
Moongazer

Re: Pale Moon and Roboform (no Lite)

Postby Pauli » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:54 am

I got it! So I can work with my new favorite browser Pale Moon!

At the Roboform install dir you can find a sub-dir Firefox. There is the extension and you must zip this complete with a xpi extension. So you can install the addon in normal way to Pale Moon and everything works fine!

Regards, Pauli
Pauli
Moongazer
Moongazer

Postby Dave M » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:19 pm

Pauli,

I am running into the same issue. If you could walk me through what you did, I'd really appreciate it. (Assume I know nothing! :) )

Thank you,
Dave
Dave M
New to the forums
New to the forums

Postby Pauli » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:41 am

Hi Dave.

Search the Roboform folder at your harddisk. There is a subfolder named 'Firefox'. All files and folders under that folder 'Firefox' must zipped with any programm and after that the extension of the zipped file must changed to xpi. After that you can install the extension at firefox (Addons - Install Addon out of a file). Restart Firefox and everything is OK.

Pauli
Pauli
Moongazer
Moongazer

Postby wildbill5891 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:10 pm

Pauli wrote:Hi Dave.

Search the Roboform folder at your harddisk. There is a subfolder named 'Firefox'. All files and folders under that folder 'Firefox' must zipped with any programm and after that the extension of the zipped file must changed to xpi. After that you can install the extension at firefox (Addons - Install Addon out of a file). Restart Firefox and everything is OK.

Pauli

Could you explain this one more time in "Plain English" ?
wildbill5891
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Postby Moonchild » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:29 pm

What Pauli means to say (I think):

1. Go to the Roboform program folder on your hard disk (c:\program files\Roboform or the like)
  2. In it, you will see a folder "Firefox". The contents of this folder is what you need to pack.
  3. Selecting all files and sub folders in the Firefox folder, you can pack them by right-clicking and selecting "Add to compressed (zipped) folder" Give this compressed folder an easy name like "roboform-palemoon" the extension of the resulting file will be .zip (although windows explorer may hide extensions)
  4. If explorer hides extensions of known file types, you need to perform an additional step, which is going into "folder options" -> "advanced" and unchecking "Hide extensions for known file types". the file will then be e.g. "roboform-palemoon.zip"
  5. Rename this file to the same name but with the extension .xpi, e.g. "roboform-palemoon.xpi"
  6. In Pale Moon, you can now open this .xpi file (file -> open) which will install it as an add-on.

Pauli, correct me if I made a mistake?
Please do not send me private messages for anything that could also be posted in the public boards.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Postby Pauli » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:55 am

That's it in 'Plain English' but I think you can understood my poor English too ;-)

Pauli
Pauli
Moongazer
Moongazer

Postby wildbill5891 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:36 am

Thanks Pale Moon !! Pauli I wasn't bad mouthing your English, I just didn't understand the technical aspects of it.
wildbill5891
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Postby viejo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:08 pm

I am a newbie. Installed PaleMoon today. I tried the walkaround for Roboform and it says Roboform toolbar for Firefox could not be installed because it is not compatible with PaleMoon 9.2x64. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem.
Thank you
viejo
viejo

Postby Pauli » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:44 am

Look at my post and do it manually - it works!

Pauli
Pauli
Moongazer
Moongazer

Next

Return to Community support