Pale Moon and Roboform (no Lite)

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Pauli

Pale Moon and Roboform (no Lite)

Unread post by Pauli » 2012-01-17, 10:24

Hello,

I'm new to Pale Moon (using 9.0.1) and it works very nice and except all my favorite plugins accept Roboform!

OK, the Lite Plugin works but this is not really good. So is there anybody out there who get the newest plugin to work and can tell me how to manually install the plugin?

Thanks a lot because I need Roboform!

Pauli

Pauli

Re: Pale Moon and Roboform (no Lite)

Unread post by Pauli » 2012-01-17, 11:54

I got it! So I can work with my new favorite browser Pale Moon!

At the Roboform install dir you can find a sub-dir Firefox. There is the extension and you must zip this complete with a xpi extension. So you can install the addon in normal way to Pale Moon and everything works fine!

Regards, Pauli

Dave M

Unread post by Dave M » 2012-01-20, 17:19

Pauli,

I am running into the same issue. If you could walk me through what you did, I'd really appreciate it. (Assume I know nothing! :) )

Thank you,
Dave

Pauli

Unread post by Pauli » 2012-01-21, 09:41

Hi Dave.

Search the Roboform folder at your harddisk. There is a subfolder named 'Firefox'. All files and folders under that folder 'Firefox' must zipped with any programm and after that the extension of the zipped file must changed to xpi. After that you can install the extension at firefox (Addons - Install Addon out of a file). Restart Firefox and everything is OK.

Pauli

wildbill5891
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by wildbill5891 » 2012-01-21, 16:10

Pauli wrote:Hi Dave.

Search the Roboform folder at your harddisk. There is a subfolder named 'Firefox'. All files and folders under that folder 'Firefox' must zipped with any programm and after that the extension of the zipped file must changed to xpi. After that you can install the extension at firefox (Addons - Install Addon out of a file). Restart Firefox and everything is OK.

Pauli
Could you explain this one more time in "Plain English" ?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2012-01-21, 16:29

What Pauli means to say (I think):
  1. Go to the Roboform program folder on your hard disk (c:\program files\Roboform or the like)
  2. In it, you will see a folder "Firefox". The contents of this folder is what you need to pack.
  3. Selecting all files and sub folders in the Firefox folder, you can pack them by right-clicking and selecting "Add to compressed (zipped) folder" Give this compressed folder an easy name like "roboform-palemoon" the extension of the resulting file will be .zip (although windows explorer may hide extensions)
  4. If explorer hides extensions of known file types, you need to perform an additional step, which is going into "folder options" -> "advanced" and unchecking "Hide extensions for known file types". the file will then be e.g. "roboform-palemoon.zip"
  5. Rename this file to the same name but with the extension .xpi, e.g. "roboform-palemoon.xpi"
  6. In Pale Moon, you can now open this .xpi file (file -> open) which will install it as an add-on.
Pauli, correct me if I made a mistake?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Pauli

Unread post by Pauli » 2012-01-22, 02:55

That's it in 'Plain English' but I think you can understood my poor English too ;-)

Pauli

wildbill5891
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by wildbill5891 » 2012-01-22, 05:36

Thanks Pale Moon !! Pauli I wasn't bad mouthing your English, I just didn't understand the technical aspects of it.

viejo

Unread post by viejo » 2012-03-08, 23:08

I am a newbie. Installed PaleMoon today. I tried the walkaround for Roboform and it says Roboform toolbar for Firefox could not be installed because it is not compatible with PaleMoon 9.2x64. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem.
Thank you
viejo

Pauli

Unread post by Pauli » 2012-03-09, 07:44

Look at my post and do it manually - it works!

Pauli

Pnume

Unread post by Pnume » 2012-03-09, 10:23

A bit off topic but: Does Roboform have any benefits over the built-in form-filler in LastPass?

Pauli

Unread post by Pauli » 2012-03-09, 11:01

Many benefits and many features I use for 10 years:

Sync and work between several Systems / PC's / IE / iOS etc., save not only passwords and ...

Look at http://www.roboform.com

Pnume

Unread post by Pnume » 2012-03-10, 05:16

Pauli wrote:Many benefits and many features I use for 10 years:

Sync and work between several Systems / PC's / IE / iOS etc., save not only passwords and ...

Thanks, nigga. :)

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2012-03-10, 08:39

Pnume wrote:
Pauli wrote:Many benefits and many features I use for 10 years:

Thanks, nigga. :)
In a gaming server that I play, I learned a bit about this "n" word.

Now, in my neighborhood and surroundings, this applies to you since you are mentioning that word, that particular "n" word is accepted and inviting.

But in other parts of the world or still within the USA, the word is a bit offensive to aggressively offensive. In order to make an equilibrium, we have avoid using this "n" word as much as we avoid the other.

My apologies for going off-topic, but I had to clear this up.

Back on-topic: I am a user of Last Pass, but it might be similar to RoboForm. Last Pass is a doing a universal thing where it works on the system-level of passwords as well.
As long as RoboForm is working for you, continue with the product.
Last Pass does most of what is offered in "RoboForm Everywhere" for free.

frankjg

Unread post by frankjg » 2012-03-29, 15:39

Moonchild wrote:What Pauli means to say (I think):
  1. Go to the Roboform program folder on your hard disk (c:\program files\Roboform or the like)
  2. In it, you will see a folder "Firefox". The contents of this folder is what you need to pack.
  3. Selecting all files and sub folders in the Firefox folder, you can pack them by right-clicking and selecting "Add to compressed (zipped) folder" Give this compressed folder an easy name like "roboform-palemoon" the extension of the resulting file will be .zip (although windows explorer may hide extensions)
  4. If explorer hides extensions of known file types, you need to perform an additional step, which is going into "folder options" -> "advanced" and unchecking "Hide extensions for known file types". the file will then be e.g. "roboform-palemoon.zip"
  5. Rename this file to the same name but with the extension .xpi, e.g. "roboform-palemoon.xpi"
  6. In Pale Moon, you can now open this .xpi file (file -> open) which will install it as an add-on.
Pauli, correct me if I made a mistake?

Tried this and always get "File is corrupt" during install. I am trying this solution exactly as listed . Zip all in Firefox, change extension to .xpi and install add on via file open in Pale Moon.

Thanks???

Pauli

Unread post by Pauli » 2012-03-30, 06:41

Try a other packing software (7zip)?

Pauli