Palemoon and Owncloud

For user discussions written in German
davodego

Palemoon and Owncloud

Unread post by davodego » 2014-08-12, 17:22

Deutsch:
Ich habe eine eigenwilliges Probelm. ICh nutze Owncloud auf einem eigenen Server zu Hause. Jetzt habe ich Palemoon ausprobiert und ich kann auf einmal nicht mehr alle Funktionen nutzen. Einige Apps haben Fehlfunktionen. Es wirkt als sei JavaScript aus, oder etwas in der Art. Das Server log hat keine Fehlermeldungen. Beispiel: owncloud hat eine xmpp App, die beim Start mit der Anmeldung geladen wird. Mit Palemoon ist die App inaktive. Firefox hat an der Stelle keine Probleme.
Kann es sein, dass es eine spezielles Problem zwischen meinem Server und Palemoon gibt? Ein Freund nutze auch Palemoon und Owncloud und hat keine Probleme.

English (I will try):
I have a very spezial problem. I use Owncloud on server at home. I tried Palemoon and I see that funktions of apps inside Owncloud are gone. Some has not the full function. E.g. owncloud had a xmpp App. It will loaded on login normaly. But with Paleoon the App is gone/inactive/??? Firefox on same place works fine.
Could it be this is a kind of JavaScript is off issue? Or a spezial Problem between my server and Palemoon. But the server logs are clean. A friend uses Owncloud and Palemoon, he has no issues?

Thanks for help.
Daniel

dark_moon

Re: Palemoon and Owncloud

Unread post by dark_moon » 2014-08-14, 22:01

Hast du denn schon ein frisches Palemoon Profil getestet?
Ansonsten blockt irgenteine Sicherheitssoftware Palemoon?

davodego

Unread post by davodego » 2014-08-19, 19:36

Was für eine Sicherheitssoftware könnte das sein?

davodego

Unread post by davodego » 2014-08-20, 21:39

Gelöst: Es war ein Owncloud Problem. Eine 3rdparty App hat den Fehler ausgelöst. Palemoon scheint den Code von owncloud anders zu interpretieren als Firefox oder Chrome.

davodego

Unread post by davodego » 2014-08-21, 05:33

Doch nicht gelöst. Der App developer hat mir folgendes geantwortet:
Thanks for reporting. This is a problem of my used library https://github.com/ESTOS/strophe.jingle. They use the browseragent to detect your browser and determine which functions they can use. Palemoon has the same ba as ff, but no support for webrtc, so this check fails.

Maybe you can report this bug to there repository, because I won't fix that.

Is there a workaround for this?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2014-08-21, 09:17

You can set general.useragent.override.yourdomain.com to a user agent that does not include "Firefox", as a workaround, and hope that the library doesn't choke then on "unknown browser". The strophe library should not use UA sniffing and should use proper capabilities detection instead. This is something for the library maintainer to address, but if, as you have let me know in e-mail, "he won't fix that", then the library will remain crippled by assuming WebRTC is available without doing proper checking if it really IS available.

Proper detection is very simple, if you test for e.g. mozGetRTCPeerConnection()

(It seems a common detection is getUserMedia() but that won't work here because it's checking for something by association. Pale Moon supports access to user media devices, e.g. allowing you to use your webcam to take a profile picture on a website)

Pale Moon does not currently include WebRTC, and might never.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

davodego

Unread post by davodego » 2014-08-21, 09:56

Workaround with user.agent.override works. Iceweasel 19.0.2 woks.
Thanks for help.