Need to remove a device from PM Sync

Anything to do with the Pale Moon Sync service.
drfsupercenter

Need to remove a device from PM Sync

Unread post by drfsupercenter » 2016-01-30, 02:47

Hey guys,

So I just got around to setting up a Pale Moon Sync account today. I've never used the browser sync feature but wanted to try it out.

Long story short, I installed a copy of the browser in a virtual machine and linked it to my account to see what would happen if I restored my settings on a totally new installation.

After I was done I deleted the virtual machine, and forgot to un-pair it from my account before doing so.

Now I see this any time I reset my settings:

Is there any way I can remove it from my account now that I don't have the machine anymore? I was looking around and it's not like there's a regular site I can log into and manage it, only from the context menu of the program options.

Maybe Moonchild could specially remove it for me? At least I learned from my mistake and will be sure to un-pair computers BEFORE removing the browser.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Need to remove a device from PM Sync

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-01-30, 17:03

I can remove your synced data and collections from the server which should take care of this - you'll have to re-sync your data (happens automatically). Please send me a private message with the Sync key that you can find in about:config as services.sync.username
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

drfsupercenter

Unread post by drfsupercenter » 2016-01-30, 23:07

Hmm, actually, I just clicked to generate a new key which seems like it worked. I guess that's how to do it.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-01-30, 23:38

drfsupercenter wrote:Hmm, actually, I just clicked to generate a new key which seems like it worked. I guess that's how to do it.
Hmm, yeah that would do it too, come to think of it, since it removes the stored data in the process.
Suits me fine, saves me from manually having to do database work ;)
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

drfsupercenter

Unread post by drfsupercenter » 2016-01-31, 01:40

Would be nice, though, if there was a front-end to log into where it shows "your synced browsers" and you can manually remove one.

What I did works if you want to completely clear the list, but I can see it being annoying if someone has several computers.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2016-01-31, 01:45

Unfortunately I don't have the needed expertise to create something like that added onto the existing PHP solution we use.
If anyone wants to volunteer to enhance our sync service with a management interface for users, it's more than welcome!