Pale Moon 26 public beta 3 feedback thread

Talk about code development, features, specific bugs, enhancements, patches, and similar things.
Forum rules
Please keep everything here strictly on-topic.
This board is meant for Pale Moon source code development related subjects only like code snippets, patches, specific bugs, git, the repositories, etc.

This is not for tech support! Please do not post tech support questions in the "Development" board!
Please make sure not to use this board for support questions. Please post issues with specific websites, extensions, etc. in the relevant boards for those topics.

Please keep things on-topic as this forum will be used for reference for Pale Moon development. Expect topics that aren't relevant as such to be moved or deleted.
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Pale Moon 26 public beta 3 feedback thread

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-10-27, 15:51

This thread is reserved for feedback given on the public beta 3 of Pale Moon 26.

Before you post a new issue, please:
  • Check if someone else has already reported it in this thread. Duplicate reports will serve no purpose, and only make keeping things organized harder. Duplicate reports may be removed by moderators.
  • Check if the issue found is specific to this beta! If the problem can be reproduced on the current 25.7 version of Pale Moon as well, then your report does not belong in this thread.
  • Check your blood pressure. If it is too high, please take half an hour to relax and then re-evaluate your need for posting ;)
If you want to discuss specific issues found, you can also do that in this thread, but please make your posts count. Take your time to write more than a single sentence (or 2) and kindly keep "me too" posts out of this thread. Thanks in advance.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

ashdav

Re: Pale Moon 26 public beta 3 feedback thread

Unread post by ashdav » 2015-10-27, 16:43

Problem with bookmarks
Clicking on a bookmark now opens a new tab instead of replacing the current tab.
Left clicking on a bookmark folder now tries to open all the bookmarks in that folder (this was previously the right click action).
Left clicking on the bookmark folder plus sign opens/closes the folder as normal.
Are these by design as I find it a bit cumbersome to use.

Running zip version under Win 7 32bit.

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-10-27, 16:59

I am running a build only slightly newer than released b3 you have an do not have that. Check bookmark or link related extensions.

ashdav

Unread post by ashdav » 2015-10-27, 17:16

No bookmark extensions installed.
Using my current profile with 25.7.3 (x86) behaviour is as expected.
Using same profile with this beta and the above symptoms occur.

ashdav

Unread post by ashdav » 2015-10-27, 17:24

I've just downloaded another copy of the Win 32 zip.
Closed usual Pale Moon session, run Ccleaner to clear cache, etc and tried the beta again and it's all ok now.(typing this reply using it).
Must be gremlins or something.

adisib
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by adisib » 2015-10-27, 20:10

Youtube no longer offers the option of using the flash player (toggleable at youtube.com/html5) and is now forced to use HTML5 player, whereas beta 2 allowed switching with the same flash version.

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2015-10-27, 20:35

adisib wrote:Youtube no longer offers the option of using the flash player (toggleable at youtube.com/html5) and is now forced to use HTML5 player, whereas beta 2 allowed switching with the same flash version.
I was able to switch, that's odd as well.
Are you using the Firefox Compatibility?

adisib
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by adisib » 2015-10-27, 21:12

megaman wrote:
adisib wrote:Youtube no longer offers the option of using the flash player (toggleable at youtube.com/html5) and is now forced to use HTML5 player, whereas beta 2 allowed switching with the same flash version.
I was able to switch, that's odd as well.
Are you using the Firefox Compatibility?
Yes, Firefox compatibility is enabled, as well as compatMode.gecko in the about:config page. Settings are essentially stock, and no changes but upgrading from beta 2 directly to beta 3. I had just visited the YouTube html5 page just before upgrading and was the first page I visited afterwards since I was going to YouTube to check what it fixed or affected. Safe mode makes no difference. Flash version is 19 but I doubt that matters. I don't really care a lot since I prefer the html5 player for its drastic decrease in resource usage, but may want to play videos at higher qualities than 720p in the future which requires flash in this browser.

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2015-10-27, 21:25

adisib wrote:Yes, Firefox compatibility is enabled, as well as compatMode.gecko in the about:config page.
Okay, I am seeing it, now. I didn't see it a few days ago, must've been recent.

Antonius32
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by Antonius32 » 2015-10-27, 21:40

In addition to commit 518e158, I suggest swapping the hover/active states for the Tab Close button in the All Tabs view as well:

Code: Select all

#allTabs-tab-close-button:hover {
  -moz-image-region: rect(0, 48px, 16px, 32px);
}

#allTabs-tab-close-button:hover:active {
  -moz-image-region: rect(0, 32px, 16px, 16px);
}

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-10-27, 22:24

Antonius32 wrote:In addition to commit 518e158, I suggest swapping the hover/active states for the Tab Close button in the All Tabs view as well:
I'll probably go in and redo the graphics before release. This is just a temporary measure.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Antonius32
Add-ons Team
Add-ons Team

Unread post by Antonius32 » 2015-10-27, 23:56

Moonchild wrote:
Antonius32 wrote:In addition to commit 518e158, I suggest swapping the hover/active states for the Tab Close button in the All Tabs view as well:
I'll probably go in and redo the graphics before release. This is just a temporary measure.
I see, thank you for clarifying.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2015-10-28, 00:39

Hey guys,
thx for the new beta. I really like the orange tab close button. (If it's still in the works, could be perhaps a bit more red and brighter :D , but I love it already as-is; also the slightly rounded tab corners; and the added ecosia search engine...)

Now on Win7-32bit I noticed a problem with the upper right Minimize button getting cropped on the left side, only when Pale Moon is maximized to full screen (1680x1050).
*Edit: ...and with the Menu Bar closed.
Haven't noticed this in earlier betas and found nothing in the beta2 thread. I ran palemoon-26.0.0b3.win32.zip version unpacked from USB stick and started it several times with no change.
snap31895-cut.png
snap31895-cut.png (10.8 KiB) Viewed 3652 times

megaman

Unread post by megaman » 2015-10-28, 04:46

LimboSlam wrote:And well, now YouTube decides to go full HTML5 on me. Shit! Maybe I shouldn't have cleared my cookies and cache!?
Please, watch the language.
Yes, for some reason, the latest BETA is going full-on HTML5, I'll try checking back on 25.7.3.
If you are asking because the video auto-plays, when you set it to not do it?
I do get the video auto-playing but it's a weird instance that I can recreate, and it's rarely, unless you are re-using the same tab to watch videos.

Edit: HTML5 can be switched off in 25.7.3.
YouTube playing with strings, again?

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2015-10-28, 04:58

It is going full html5 likely because the Firefox slice was bumped to 38.9.. as a "valid" version of Firefox.. the scripting assumes html5 works. You could override it back to 31.9 or 24.9 and you will most likely get flash again. But this is not guaranteed and who knows what will happen if you fake older versions of Firefox in the future.

mgagnonlv
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by mgagnonlv » 2015-10-28, 17:55

Previous "improvements" in the platform of various Google products – including Youtube – were shown either by region, by browser or both. On my browsers, the page https://youtube.com/html5 gives me no choice but html5 format. However, using the extension Youtube Flash Video Player, it is possible to choose between Flash and html5.
Michel Gagnon
Montréal (Québec, Canada)

Catman51

Unread post by Catman51 » 2015-10-28, 20:02

Just found out, it won't let me open Google Photos. Any workaround?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2015-10-28, 21:43

Catman51 wrote:Just found out, it won't let me open Google Photos. Any workaround?
None has sprung up so far. Tired of this browser discrimination "you're not even allowed to try, you MUST install one of these 4 browsers or we won't let you in"

EDIT: more user-agent sniffing going on by Google. Copying the override we have in place for another very strict checking site (privat24.ua) in overrides and setting that for general.useragent.override.photos.google.com lets you back in.

ikar-us

Unread post by ikar-us » 2015-10-28, 22:05

Catman51 wrote:Just found out, it won't let me open Google Photos. Any workaround?
WORKSFORME with general.useragent.override.photos.google.com="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:2.0) Goanna/20151022 PaleMoon/26.0.0b3"

Seems they honour honesty.

Catman51

Unread post by Catman51 » 2015-10-28, 22:14

Thank you, that fixed it.